Expand my Community achievements bar.

Adobe Journey Optimizer Community Lens 6th edition is out.
SOLVED

AJO Action response

Level 3

Hi,

I am in a situation where I need to record/log the response from the "actions". I have action in my journey which connects to the third-party system via API call, now after this action step in the journey I need to update a field based on the response from the successful action call(API).

Is it possible in first place? If so what configurations need to be done or is there any Out-of-the-box schema that AJO already supports to record this kind of response which we can utilize?

Thanks in Advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ikmoo,

Here are some options:

• As Anuhya mentioned you can use OOB Action "Update Profile" and update the details at the profile level. The schema can be created based on your needs, there's no OOB schema available. Keep in mind that you need to design for a larger scope, multiple campaigns, and multiple brands (if applicable).
  • To update at the event level - you can think of using Edge Server API and this will ingest based on your data collection configuration and web SDK schema can be leveraged - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge-network-server-api/overview.html?la.... Edge server API currently updates only at the event level.
  • You can also call AEP HTTP API and make an update. Just that you will need to create a wrapper for authentication/secured call (AJO -> Wrapper -> AEP).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chetanya

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@Ikmoo 

Update profile under Actions can be used to update a profile field. Need to create /update profile enabled schema with filed which would be used in the update profile activity in the journey.

Level 3

So basically you are saying that only profile enabled schema's field can be updated via this "Update Profile" action right?

And also for my other question you have any idea on that?

Community Advisor

Yes, only profile enable schema can be updated.

AJO has few OOTB schemas , which are not relevant in this scenario. Need to use a custom schema.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Ikmoo,

Here are some options:

• As Anuhya mentioned you can use OOB Action "Update Profile" and update the details at the profile level. The schema can be created based on your needs, there's no OOB schema available. Keep in mind that you need to design for a larger scope, multiple campaigns, and multiple brands (if applicable).
  • To update at the event level - you can think of using Edge Server API and this will ingest based on your data collection configuration and web SDK schema can be leveraged - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-platform/edge-network-server-api/overview.html?la.... Edge server API currently updates only at the event level.
  • You can also call AEP HTTP API and make an update. Just that you will need to create a wrapper for authentication/secured call (AJO -> Wrapper -> AEP).

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Chetanya

Employee Advisor

@Ikmoo another option to consider would be to create a feedback listener event sequenced after the action. If the 3rd party action that you are calling has the option to post feedback via a webhook endpoint, you could look to capture this fedback as a new experience event, allowing you to then record the response back to the individual profiles or use the response content to further progress profiles through a Journey. 

Level 1

Another option could be using datasource where we change to POST, so we are able to pass value as well as use the data source configuration.