Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

XML Editor Performance Slow-Down

Level 5

Is anyone else having performance issues with the web-based XML Editor? After several hours of work, the editor is now timing out and is reacting too slow to use. Is there a setting somewhere in Edge that I'm missing?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

No, we're not on the same team. We aren't with the same company. He's another customer reporting the same slow-downs.

My performance issues are also after several hours of working with many different topics and maps. After about 4-5 hours of working in the XML Editor, the performance slows down to a nearly unusable level.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee

@sschnelbach : which version of AEM Guides are you on?
Is it happening for a specific type of content or does web-editor hang for every file you open in editor?

Did you also try this on Chrome? Is it reproducible for same content on Chrome?

Level 5

Versions

AEM Guides (UUID) v4.0.2.10 (upgraded on 31-May-2022)

AEM 6.5.11

No, I haven't tried using Chrome yet.

Level 5

The slow-down seems to be happening toward the end of the day, after spending the day working in the XML Editor. It seems like the more you work in the editor, the slower the response.

Employee

So is the above behavior reproducible on Chrome as well then?
In the mean time - I tried the same on edge as well and I didn't face the slowness - however I did not work whole day on the editor.
Also, with your last post - is it safe assumption that this behavior is not content specific?

Level 1

Our organization (separate from stitchsds) is using Chrome and we have instances where AEM Guides will use so much of the computer's memory that it will cause the browser stall so long that Chrome gives the Wait or Close Session pop-up. Sometimes it will cause Chrome to crash completely. This usually happens after several hours of trying to work on content (multiple maps and multiple topics) via XML editor. 

We are not up to date on our Guides version, so we were planning to troubleshoot this more after we updated our systems. 

Employee

@sschnelbach @BRG_MA : do you already have a support ticket for this? (I assume both of you are from same team)
Please send out a note to the Customer Success Manager on this - we would like to understand this further.

Correct answer by
Level 5

No, we're not on the same team. We aren't with the same company. He's another customer reporting the same slow-downs.

My performance issues are also after several hours of working with many different topics and maps. After about 4-5 hours of working in the XML Editor, the performance slows down to a nearly unusable level.