Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Locating Files in AEM Guides DAM

Level 5

The search feature works great to locate content, but there's no way (that I've found so far) to search for content, "find" it, then find out where in the folder structure that content is so that you can upload a new version. Has anyone figured out a way around that?

For example, I need to update some graphics. I have the GUID and search for the graphic file using the GUID. The Search gives me the results and the graphic is listed there. I can download the graphic, make my changes, but I cannot find any mechanism from the search results to "go to file location" so that I can drag/drop a new version.

Also, it would be nice to be able to check in a new version of a graphic by selecting that graphic and having a dialogue box pop up to upload the new version instead of having to drag/drop based on the file name.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

@sschnelbach : This was addressed in 4.1 version of AEM Guides where from search results you can click the options to locate in repository. Please note to view the location of asset in repository view, the filters in search should be closed 

Another way could be to use the options of the selected search result and use "View in Assets UI" to open the assets in a new tab and perform action as needed

I hope this answers your query.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

@sschnelbach : This was addressed in 4.1 version of AEM Guides where from search results you can click the options to locate in repository. Please note to view the location of asset in repository view, the filters in search should be closed 

Another way could be to use the options of the selected search result and use "View in Assets UI" to open the assets in a new tab and perform action as needed

I hope this answers your query.

Level 5

Yes, thank you. It sounds like v4.1 fixed a lot of things and I'm sorry we never got it to work. I'm really looking forward to v4.2's release.