Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Language variables in the output Template Settings page (Native PDF Publishing)

Level 5

I'm trying to replace the "on page" content with a language variable in the output template Settings screen/tab.

I replaced "{title}" on page {page} with "{title}" ${lng:on-page} {page}. The translation for the on-page variable appears in the output, but that is all that appears. The topic title and page number are now gone.

I have successfully converted my CSS files and layout pages to using some other custom language variables. My next step was to use a language variable in the template Settings field to translate all the "on page" content.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I have searched the Experience League, read through the various AEM Guides pages, and re-watched the translation Expert Sessions but I'm not finding the answer.

AEM Guides v4.4 On-Prem UUID

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

You need to put the entire content in language variable value like "View {title} on page {page}". In Cross-reference tab, when you give language variable, it will be resolved. Along with language variable you can't provide other things like text or variables.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

You need to put the entire content in language variable value like "View {title} on page {page}". In Cross-reference tab, when you give language variable, it will be resolved. Along with language variable you can't provide other things like text or variables.

Thanks and Regards,
Surbhi Maheshwari

Level 5

Thank you, this worked. And I've documented it (internally) for the future.