Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

FMPS Output and Table Scaling

Level 5

When I set the table scaling in the DITA file (in the XML Editor), nothing changes in the FMPS output. I can turn on and off rowsep and colsep and the output generates as expected, but table scaling is ignored.

Table scaling works correctly with the default DITA-OT output, it's only the FMPS that's ignoring it. I have looked in the settings file and in the edd files, but nothing jumps out at me as a fix. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

It looks like the purpose of the scale attribute is to scale the text in the table to a certain percentage of the "default". As far as I know, you would have to do this with an EDD rule for each of the paragraph's table formats. Something like

if table[scale="80"] then reduce the font size. If you need further help, I can try to give you specifics, although I may want to see the entire table markup. Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hey @sschnelbach  

Could you tell me the FMPS version you are using currently and if possible, Could you send me a quick sample to see this?

Hope you are publishing PDF 

Level 2

How are you setting the scaling in DITA? Can you post a small sample of your table markup? Thank you.

Level 5

Versions on Prod

AEM Guides (UUID) v4.0.2.10 (upgraded on 31-May-2022)

AEM 6.5.11 On-Prem Installation

FMPS/FrameMaker 2020.x (16.0.3.979) (server)

FM 2020 Client 16.0.2.224

FM 2020 Server 16.0.2.223

Level 5

I'm setting the scale in DITA using the standard attribute "scale" and the default available values listed:  <table frame="all" scale="80" id="table_2">

Correct answer by
Level 2

It looks like the purpose of the scale attribute is to scale the text in the table to a certain percentage of the "default". As far as I know, you would have to do this with an EDD rule for each of the paragraph's table formats. Something like

if table[scale="80"] then reduce the font size. If you need further help, I can try to give you specifics, although I may want to see the entire table markup. Thank you.