Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Application Variables still in English (Native PDF Publishing) - AEM Guides v4.4

Level 5

The pre-existing application language variables aren't working in any Native PDF Publishing outputs for any selected language (other than English). Specifically, I'm looking at all the note- fields (warning, caution, important, note, etc).

I have verified in the Output > Language Variables screen that the fields are translated.

I select a language in the Output > Presets > General screen, and all the note signal words (Warning, Caution, Important, Note, etc) are still in English.

In the Expert Session "Translate content in Guides - part 2", it is stated that these application language variables "just work" out of the box. Is there another setting somewhere that I missed? Why are these default language variables still in English?

I also created a custom variable, translated it into all the activated languages, inserted it into my output template page setup, and it worked perfectly the first try.

AEM Guides (UUID) 4.4 On-Prem Installation (24 Jun 2024)
AEM 6.5.19 (Service Pack 19) On-Prem Installation (15 Jan 2024)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Susan,

Can you share the screenshot of the content where you are looking for this translation? I believe it needs to be set in the CSS file.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-guides/using/install-guide/on-prem-ig/...

Once you share the screenshot, we shall provide exact details.

Thanks,

Vivek

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Susan,

Can you share the screenshot of the content where you are looking for this translation? I believe it needs to be set in the CSS file.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-guides/using/install-guide/on-prem-ig/...

Once you share the screenshot, we shall provide exact details.

Thanks,

Vivek

Level 5

Thank you. This link was helpful. I see what to do now.

Level 5

I just figured out that the problem is within the CSS file. How do I refer/insert a language variable in the CSS file? Specifically, I'm looking to insert the "lngvar=note-XXXX" variables.

I can see in the page templates, the reference is "data-lngvar="VAR-NAME-HERE", so what is it in the CSS file?