Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to capture the Satellite values in DTM through scripting

Level 4

Hi,

How to capture the "SATELLITE: detected focus on INPUT " values in DTM? I am trying to capture the values from search drop down section.

1516092_pastedImage_2.png

Thanks!

Roshan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Unofficially, there is a _satellite.Logger object that stores SATELLITE:[..] stuff for a given page duration.  _satellite.Logger.getHistory() returns a full array of all current logged entries, which is stored in _satellite.Logger.messages array if you'd rather reference it directly.

But this is NOT a public facing DTM method marked as "safe" for us to use. As in, Adobe can change it or remove it at any time without notice, and they are not responsible for anything that happens to your code as a result of using it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Can I ask why you'd like to capture the debug values that DTM posts to the console?

Correct answer by
Level 9

Unofficially, there is a _satellite.Logger object that stores SATELLITE:[..] stuff for a given page duration.  _satellite.Logger.getHistory() returns a full array of all current logged entries, which is stored in _satellite.Logger.messages array if you'd rather reference it directly.

But this is NOT a public facing DTM method marked as "safe" for us to use. As in, Adobe can change it or remove it at any time without notice, and they are not responsible for anything that happens to your code as a result of using it.