Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Internal URL Filters - how to consider domain.com as external to blog.domain.com?

Level 1

Hello all,

I want to consider domain.com as external to blog.domain.com? Both are two different report suits.

I want this domain.com traffic to be listed in either referring domains or marketing channels. Any one will help. 

I have used blog.domain.com in internal url filters to avoid referring URLs report populate URLs from blog.domain.com.

But the above step is considering all traffic from domain.com also internal and increasing my direct visits in Marketing channel.

What can be the fix or alternate way to track this?

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

When you setup your marketing channel processing rules, you can define blog.domain.com as its own channel. Just remember to place that rule, ABOVE your internal rule...

/Løjmann

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi,

When you setup your marketing channel processing rules, you can define blog.domain.com as its own channel. Just remember to place that rule, ABOVE your internal rule...

/Løjmann

Level 1

Løjmann wrote...

Hi,

/Løjmann

Hi, thank you for for the answer. I will try this. 

So you you mean internal URL filters will not affect traffic coming from domain.com? when internal URL filters act? Before marketing channels or in between? exactly when? 

Level 5

It depends on how you configure your marketing channels...

/Løjmann

Level 10

Hi Ankit,

Did Løjmann's reply answer your question? If so, I'll mark it as correct in case others have the same question.

Thanks,
Jantzen

Level 1
        Yes. I tried putting that in internal URL filters and then set up marketing channels with Internal traffic. I did set up rule to show referring domain in marketing channel details to view breakdown.