Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Pros and Cons of Server-side Implementation of MCID Service

Level 3

What are the pros and cons of Server-Side Implementation of the Marketing Cloud ID Service ? We are using Adobe Target and Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Analytics (but no DTM yet). Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There never was a server-side version of the ID service. It turned out to be a wording error with on of our help documents talking about using MCID with a server-side Target implementation.

I apologize for the confusion.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Con would be the products are all separated out. Not talking to one another at all for comparing the profiles or anything.

Pros would be since you are using Analytics, Target, Audience Manager for the integration to work between these products you do need to setup the Cloud ID service in order for them to share data. Its one of the system requirements that is needed for this to work correctly.

Best,

Kerry

Level 10

Great question. Let me look more into this and get back to you. Server-side implementation of MCID is relatively new so I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs yet.

Correct answer by
Level 10

There never was a server-side version of the ID service. It turned out to be a wording error with on of our help documents talking about using MCID with a server-side Target implementation.

I apologize for the confusion.