Expand my Community achievements bar.

Registering Activity qualification event in Analytics

Level 1

Hello,

I've been using s.tl to capture CTA clicks (of personalized content) on my website.
When I use the same to capture the user's qualification for, say, an A/B test, it is being perceived as a bounce by Analytics, since s.tl calls are seen as hits (i.e. link clicks).
For example: User qualifies for an A/B test's audience. Within this test's control & alternate experiences, I have Custom code blocks to fire s.tl call with, say eVar27: "ab-test-qualified" during the start of page load.

Does A.Analytics support this use case?
If so, what would be the right way to capture this?

TLDR; We want to look at the number of visitors qualified for Target Activities in the Analytics reporting suite.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

@bsampathkumar 

You can make a use of Custom events instead of s.tl calls from Adobe analytics for your use case. 

Custom Events to track user interactions that do not generate a page view.
You can create a Custom Event (e.g., "ab-test-qualified") and trigger it when the user qualifies for the A/B test, instead of using an s.tl call.
This will ensure that the qualification event is recorded in Adobe Analytics without being perceived as a bounce.