Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Only show content once per a customer

Level 3

We are setting up some simple experiences controlled by Adobe Target.  However some of it we want to only show once to each customer (for example, there is a new feature available and we want to highlight it to the customer, but only once).  What is the recommended approach to achieving this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jchabot86  - if you are trying to achieve profile sync across multiple devices then consider using mbox3rdPartyId (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/3rd-party-id.html?la...

Step 1: Pass the user-id of your internal user as mbox parameter "mbox3rdPartyId" to create a cross-device profile. Note that the user will have to login on every device they use to enable cross-device syncing. 

Step 2: Pass a profile parameter corresponding to the experience being delivered. I have given an example using trackEvent below.

adobe.target.trackEvent({
"mbox": "target-global-mbox",
"params": {
"mbox3rdPartyId": "<your-user-id>",

"profile.my_exp_viewed": "true"
}
}); 

Step 3: Create an audience using this profile-attribute so that the experience is only shown when the value is not true

rajneesh_gautam_0-1651903764129.png

Hope this helps,

Rajneesh

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 5

Option 1: Easiest option is to use "Recency and Frequency" (when you have audience manager) 
See the documents 
Option 2: Use of profile parameters (when you don't have Audience manager)

You can use this example setup 

Thanks

Abu

Level 3

How about logged in users across multiple devices?  Are we able to count impressions per a user ID (our internal user ID)?

Level 3

Thank you for the replies...currently we don't have Audience Manager so will have to look into using profile scripts

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@jchabot86  - if you are trying to achieve profile sync across multiple devices then consider using mbox3rdPartyId (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/target/using/audiences/visitor-profiles/3rd-party-id.html?la...

Step 1: Pass the user-id of your internal user as mbox parameter "mbox3rdPartyId" to create a cross-device profile. Note that the user will have to login on every device they use to enable cross-device syncing. 

Step 2: Pass a profile parameter corresponding to the experience being delivered. I have given an example using trackEvent below.

adobe.target.trackEvent({
"mbox": "target-global-mbox",
"params": {
"mbox3rdPartyId": "<your-user-id>",

"profile.my_exp_viewed": "true"
}
}); 

Step 3: Create an audience using this profile-attribute so that the experience is only shown when the value is not true

rajneesh_gautam_0-1651903764129.png

Hope this helps,

Rajneesh

Level 3

Thanks!  This is very helpful.  Is there a way to get the user profile attributes using adobe target sdk?  

Level 3

If I cannot just retrieve hte profile attributes (ideally i just do my own if-statements based on what profile attributes are set), then how would I go about passing the mbox3rdPartyId in the getOffer() function?  When I set it as a param, it just seems to disappear and not included in the /delivery api request.