Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Navigating to authenticated areas in Target

Level 1

I'm trying to navigate using the visual composer to authenticated pages, but whenever I try to login in via the browse functionality, it fails and loops back to the login screen (I know this works fine in production). 

Is this an issue with Adobe or is there another workaround.

One option I was considering was saving a local version of the page and making the changes on that then applying it to the correct URL - but it doesn't look like you can edit local versions of the pages in Visual Composer - any other ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Elan,

Thank you for your note.

1. If you are only looking to setup a campaign on those ‘hidden’ pages then it is pretty simple. You can navigate to the page normally on the browser and once you reach the ‘hidden’ page copy and paste the URL in the Target UI at the start of creating a campaign. Ensure Target Standard is opened in the same browser in a different tab.
  2. I am not sure if I understood the second question properly, but if the question is “is there a way to setup a test for a common domain in the URL, without worrying about the other key-value pair parameters” then the answer is Yes.

Select the “Configure” icon on the top of the Target interface and select “URL”

Then in the advanced options select the ‘URL contains xyz” condition (as shown below). So now the test would run on all the pages that match the URL condition specified irrespective of the key-value parameters that could be appended to the URL.

This is actually called Template testing and the relevant help link is here:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/t_temtest.html

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 2

Download Requestly (Chrome extension) and modify the request.  This will do the trick.  

Level 1

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply - but it still doesn't work for me. I've not used Requestly before, but have setup a HTTPS modified request but it still takes me back to the same page. 

Will

Level 10

Hi Will,

Could you please let us know whether this issue was resolved or not?

It seems this has something to do with the below known issue: 

• Cannot maintain the page state inside the Visual Experience Composer

This occurs when the URL of the saved activity cannot be opened directly but can only be opened after logging in and reaching that page or after filling some prerequisite information. Target does not save the navigations a user makes inside the Visual Experience Composer, except for the final page on which changes are done all other navigation are not saved.

Thanks!

Level 10

Hi Will,

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Have you tried any other browser?  Are you still experiencing the issue?

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Shekhar,

Is this known issue limited to the authenticated page flow only or applicable to any page which could be accessed only after filling some prerequisite information? 

Say, I want to configure campaign for the 2nd page of the loan application journey where users can access anonymous access to all pages but can navigate to subsequent pages after completing 1st page. 

Thanks

Level 1

Hello,

This was not resolved - one of your colleagues in Client Care has advised that this is a code/script issue and has provided a workaround.

Best,

Will

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for your note.

Let me check with the concerned team and get back to you on this.

Thanks!

Level 10

Hi,

Here is the update on the above ask.

If you have a URL that can directly load on a browser properly then the known issue is not applicable here.

The issue is only applicable where on load of the URL you get a page load error because of some validation rules. You can check this by copying the 2nd page of loan application and load it in a different browser and see if the page is loading properly or throwing any error.

In short, in case you have setup validation rules to access the 2nd page then the known issue is applicable here. But if the 2nd page is only has navigation limitation of not showing up before the 1st page then the known issue doesn't apply. 

Hope this helps!

thanks!

Level 2

Hi Will,

I believe I'm having the same issue, I'm trying to use the visual experience composer on a staging page to set up a campaign before content is live and when I type in the staging URL I'm prompted to input my login credentials. Once I do so I see a blank screen and the visual experience composer can't render the staging page. Can you share the details of the workaround you used to resolve your issue?

Thanks!
Jessica

Level 2

Thanks Shekhar. This helps.

We could get around to the 2nd page by passing few URL parameters unfortunately not for 3rd or 4th page in the journey.

I have few more follow-up questions. hope you will be able to help.

1) Is there any other mechanism/work around to target content of those pages which falls under this known limitation ? 

2) Does the visual composer page configuration includes the URL parameters while registering a page ? Basically, wondering whether user has to configure for every combination of the url parameters & its values? 

Regards
Elan

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Elan,

Thank you for your note.

1. If you are only looking to setup a campaign on those ‘hidden’ pages then it is pretty simple. You can navigate to the page normally on the browser and once you reach the ‘hidden’ page copy and paste the URL in the Target UI at the start of creating a campaign. Ensure Target Standard is opened in the same browser in a different tab.
  2. I am not sure if I understood the second question properly, but if the question is “is there a way to setup a test for a common domain in the URL, without worrying about the other key-value pair parameters” then the answer is Yes.

Select the “Configure” icon on the top of the Target interface and select “URL”

Then in the advanced options select the ‘URL contains xyz” condition (as shown below). So now the test would run on all the pages that match the URL condition specified irrespective of the key-value parameters that could be appended to the URL.

This is actually called Template testing and the relevant help link is here:

https://marketing.adobe.com/resources/help/en_US/target/target/t_temtest.html

Hope this helps!

Level 2

Thanks Shekhar. 

Interesting to know about the Template option. I will go through the link. Thanks again.

Regards

Elan

Level 10

Hi Elan,

I am glad that I could be of help. 

Thanks!