Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Options for implementation and positives and negatives

Level 2

Hi all, 

I want to know what the different options are around integrating AEM and Target and there respective positives and negatives.

From what I can see, there are the following options

1.  Using DTM and adding a tool

or 

2. Creating a Cloud Services Config in AEM for Target.

Are there any benefits to either method?

Many thanks,

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,  

Great question. There's pro's & con's to each approach, ultimately it boils down to "What is the business trying to achieve?"

Can you share which Target Sku you've purchased? If you have Target Premium, I suggest implementing Target as an ad-hoc system, so the business can utilize the full premium suite (AP, Recs, Auto-Target and MVT)

See the attached slide, it references the 4 Target/AEM implementations. 

My suggestion is either Blue or Purple - or a combination of the two, yes, it's possible. 

Thanks,

Kollin

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi David,

The Adobe Target Tool is the recommended way to implement Target via DTM. The Adobe Target Tool supports:

• Target Standard or Target Premium implementations
  • Target Classic implementations using a global mbox or regional mboxes
  • Population of mbox and profile parameters in both global and regional mboxes
  • Both at.js and mbox.js libraries

Please see the following documentation for more help :https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/integrate-digital-marketing-solutions.html

Thanks & Regards

Parit Mittal

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi David,  

Great question. There's pro's & con's to each approach, ultimately it boils down to "What is the business trying to achieve?"

Can you share which Target Sku you've purchased? If you have Target Premium, I suggest implementing Target as an ad-hoc system, so the business can utilize the full premium suite (AP, Recs, Auto-Target and MVT)

See the attached slide, it references the 4 Target/AEM implementations. 

My suggestion is either Blue or Purple - or a combination of the two, yes, it's possible. 

Thanks,

Kollin