Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Impression Capping working or not working test?

Community Advisor

I am using Experience Templates To set up a lightbox overlay pop-up in my experience to display pop-ups to my defined user. Itlooks like something as below

JyotiSharmaV_0-1727109136847.png

I have applied impression capping to the POP UP display by restricting it to 2 times display as below:

1) Set up the Nested Mbox parameter in the experience via XT under Modification as custom code

JyotiSharmaV_0-1727109408995.png

2) created a profile script for pop up increment value capture

JyotiSharmaV_0-1727106948523.png

3) Created Audience to restrict the pop-up display to 2 times

JyotiSharmaV_0-1727115178537.png

However, when I set up all the above for overlay pop-up in my experience then why some users don't see it? Does the set up looks correct? To me, the steps look good. Pls, suggest.

JyotiSharmaV_3-1727107905703.png

Just FYI, For Impression capping followed this MiaProva article

https://www.miaprova.com/blog/offer-impression-capping/

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @JyotiSharmaV,

The setup looks correct, but I would try changing the audience to use 'exclude' as follows:

Matthew_Ravlich_ACG_0-1727117913930.png

I have seen this work more accurately when trying to cap user impressions.

You should be able to test this audience by toggling on the 'Match audience rules to see experiences':

Matthew_Ravlich_ACG_1-1727118112367.png

Then, use the QA link in an incognito tab. After reloading the page three times, you should no longer see the pop-up.

I hope this helps.

Matthew Ravlich | ACG Digital

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi @JyotiSharmaV,

The setup looks correct, but I would try changing the audience to use 'exclude' as follows:

Matthew_Ravlich_ACG_0-1727117913930.png

I have seen this work more accurately when trying to cap user impressions.

You should be able to test this audience by toggling on the 'Match audience rules to see experiences':

Matthew_Ravlich_ACG_1-1727118112367.png

Then, use the QA link in an incognito tab. After reloading the page three times, you should no longer see the pop-up.

I hope this helps.

Matthew Ravlich | ACG Digital

Community Advisor

@Matthew_Ravlich_ACG This is so so strange that Exclusion set up works and Inclusion doesn't. I tried tested with my fellow folks and its working 

Thank you for the suggestion.