Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reduce frequency of experience templates

Community Advisor

I have been wondering if there is a way we can reduce the frequency of pop-up Lightbox template appearance to user https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/target-experience-templates/blob/master/lightbox/template.h...

I am considering that it should be shown to repeated users just once or twice or if a user has seen this pop up then it should not appear again. Any thoughts? 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes you could achieve this with Impression Capping - this article explains it in detail but essentially the steps are:
i) Add a custom code modification to your Experience
adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'activity1234'})

ii) Create a profile script
if (mbox.name == 'activity1234') { return (user.get('1234') | 0) + 1;}

iii) Create an Audience with a rule based on that profile script
e.g. if value is less than 2

You can of course give the mbox any name you want (other than target-global-mbox), activity1234 is just an example

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Yes you could achieve this with Impression Capping - this article explains it in detail but essentially the steps are:
i) Add a custom code modification to your Experience
adobe.target.trackEvent({'mbox':'activity1234'})

ii) Create a profile script
if (mbox.name == 'activity1234') { return (user.get('1234') | 0) + 1;}

iii) Create an Audience with a rule based on that profile script
e.g. if value is less than 2

You can of course give the mbox any name you want (other than target-global-mbox), activity1234 is just an example

Community Advisor

Hey @alexbishop this was very helpful. I have one question here.

Once I am done with creating audience (Screenshot 1), Do I need to attach this Target Audience (Pop Up Display Restrict) to my experience audience as below?

ABC Page Visitor - Adobe Target Audience

AND

Pop Up Display Restrict

The reason why I am asking this is because, In my experience, I already have a specific audience group that I am pulling via Analytics segment (Screenshot 2).

Screenshot 1

JyotiSharmaV_0-1707446577731.png

Screenshot 2

JyotiSharmaV_3-1707417641131.png

Employee Advisor

Yes, that's correct; within the Targeting step of activity setup, you can choose the "Combine Audiences" option, which will let you combine your Analytics audience & the Impressions audience into one new combined audience
Skærmbillede 2024-02-12 kl. 09.41.46.png

Community Advisor

And, of course I have to activate the response token of the profile script attribute as well if I am not wrong 

Employee Advisor

Only if you want to be able to access that profile script as part of the response payload (i.e., to then share with some other system/service as explained here) otherwise, it's enough to just activate the profile script after you have created it