Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

A/B test - Redirect to URL showing landing page first and then redirect to actual page using FEC

Community Advisor

Hello Team, 

Recently I have tried to do the A/B testing using FEC -  If user load a particular page then he/she needs to be redirected to new page preserving the query string parameter. It's working correctly but it's showing the landing page for few seconds which I don't need it. 

For ex: 

If user hits the page  www.example.com/?abc=123 then immediately needs to be redirect on www.exampletarget.com/?abc=123 

but here in my solution its showing the www.example.com/?abc=123 for few seconds in browser which is noticeable and then redirection happens. This is not a good user experience and I don't want to show that to user.

In terms of setup - I'm using the latest at.js version in the form of Target extension in Adobe launch and in FEC have below script for redirection and preserving the Query string param 

<script>
var positionQueryString=window.location.href.indexOf("?");
var newURL="";
var querystringvalue="";
if(positionQueryString >= 0)
{
querystringvalue=window.location.href.substring(positionQueryString+1);
newURL="https://www.example.com/?"+querystringvalue;
}
else
{
newURL="https://www.example.com/";
}
window.location.replace(newURL);
</script>

Any idea or solution?  Thank you in advance. 

@surebee @MihneaD Any thoughts ? Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Amelia_Waliany 

Apologies not replying on this thread before - we had implemented the solution through custom script only. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 3

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal 

I'd recommend using the redirect offers instead of raw js offers when redirecting people to different pages. 

More information here: https://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/target/using/experiences/vec/redirect-offer.html

It also supports sending to the final URL any query parameters included in the source URL.

In regards to seeing the old page, because the Target library loads in a synchronous manner (i.e. it doesn't prevent page load), the page will always load while Target loads before the redirect offer executes. You may want to try a flicker management solution with using Target's body hiding script to prevent this.

Community Advisor

Thanks @nzchris. I'm already using the flicker solution ( Target body hiding script ) but still this issue persist. just thinking as I'm loading the Launch library asynchronous manner is this impacting? and I think the link you shared for redirect-offers is mainly for VEC not for FEC. 

So basically my need is that - on advertising platforms, if user see my advertise then based on click on advertise, user needs to redirect on new page with tracking code in the form of query string param.  

Level 3
Hey @Gokul_Agiwal, yea I'm not sure if the Target body hiding script works well with redirect offers. We ended up implementing our own one through our tag mananger and listening for the at.js custom events to determine whether there was an offer or redirect. With regards to VEC and not Form based compooser, you are able to add a re-direct through 'change redirect offer' in the content drop down after selecting an mbox

Employee

@Gokul_Agiwal We suggest you use the inbuilt redirect functionality within Target instead of a custom redirect script.

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Karan Dhawan

Community Advisor
Hi @karandhawan, Thanks but no the inbuilt functionality also showing the first landing page.

Administrator

Hi @Gokul_Agiwal , hope you're doing well  Were you able to resolve this issue? If so, please let us and your Target Community peers know by marking the helpful response as, "Correct Reply" - - otherwise, I'd encourage you to reach back out to your Community peers with a follow up question!

Warmly,

Amelia, your Adobe Target Community Manager

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Amelia_Waliany 

Apologies not replying on this thread before - we had implemented the solution through custom script only.