Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.

☕[AT Community Q&A Coffee Break] 8/5: Cristinel "Muti" Anastasoaie, Product Manager for Adobe Target☕

Administrator

Join us for our next Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break

taking place Wednesday, August 5th @ 10am PDT

We'll be joined by Cristinel "Muti" Anastasoaie aka @cristinel, Product Manager for Adobe Target, who will be signed in here to the Adobe Target Community to chat directly with you on this thread about your Adobe Target questions pertaining to his areas of expertise:

• Adobe Target User Interface
  • Adobe Target Integrations
  • Enterprise permissions and workspaces

A NOTE FROM NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY Q&A COFFEE BREAK EXPERT, CRISTINEL "MUTI" ANASTASOAIE 

REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE 

• Must be signed in to the Community during the 1-hour period
  • Must post a Question about Adobe Target
  • THAT'S IT!  *(think of this as the Adobe Target Community equivalent of an AMA, (“Ask Me Anything”), and bring your best speed-typing game)

INSTRUCTIONS 

• Click the blue “Reply” button at the bottom right corner of this post
  • Begin your Question with @cristinel 
  • When exchanging messages with Cristinel about your specific question, be sure to use the editor’s "QUOTE" button, which will indicate which post you're replying to, and will help contain your conversation with Cristinel

cristinel-anastasoaie-1b.jpeg

Cristinel is a Senior Product Manager for Adobe Target, focused on re-imagining user experience across the product. Before his current Adobe role, Cristinel held product management positions on various content management and digital marketing products focused on consumers.

Curious about what an Adobe Target Community Q&A Coffee Break looks like? Check out the thread from our last break with Jon Tehero, Group Product Manager for Adobe Target

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Employee

Hi everyone, I am looking forward to reading and answering your Target related questions.

Administrator

Hi @cristinel, thank you for taking the time to answer Community questions today! This question was posted by Adobe Target Community member @gabrielf1

Hello, Please, could you help me? All webpages of company that I work are developed using Angular Js Framework. Now we are starting to use Adobe Target and Analytics. It's possible to make an integration of this tools (Target and Analytics) with the Angular webpages? If it's possible, how can I do this?

If it's not possible, what technologies (frontend frameworks) do you recomend?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel

Employee

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @cristinel, thank you for taking the time to answer Community questions today! This question was posted by Adobe Target Community member @gabrielf1

Hello, Please, could you help me? All webpages of company that I work are developed using Angular Js Framework. Now we are starting to use Adobe Target and Analytics. It's possible to make an integration of this tools (Target and Analytics) with the Angular webpages? If it's possible, how can I do this?

If it's not possible, what technologies (frontend frameworks) do you recomend?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel

Hi Gabriel,

The short answer is yes, you can integrate Adobe Target and Adobe Analytics with an Angular based site.

On the Target side, you can use the Target VEC for single page applications to edit A/B or XT activities provided that triggerView() is implemented with your SPA with view names passed as parameters.

You can find more details how to visually edit your SPA with Target on the Adobe Target help site.

As for Analytics, at.js 2.x  supports A4T for SPA via the triggerView() function given that you have implemented Adobe Analytics and the Experience Cloud Visitor ID Service.

/Cristinel

Employee

Hi there @cristinel

It is great that you can be here today.  Here's another question that was shared by community member @Umamaheswari_Yakkala :

Can we use the Adobe Target API to create audiences from 3rd party tools other than the Adobe module?

Thanks In Advance

Employee

@peterhartung wrote:

Hi there @cristinel

It is great that you can be here today.  Here's another question that was shared by community member @Umamaheswari_Yakkala :

Can we use the Adobe Target API to create audiences from 3rd party tools other than the Adobe module?

Thanks In Advance

Sure, Target Admin APIs allow you to manage your Target audiences through am external system.

We do offer a complete set of APIs that will allow you to view, create, update and delete audiences from outside Target user interface.

The only limitation you hit when creating audiences through APIs is that you cannot edit these audiences in the Target UI.

More details and detailed examples can be found on the Adobe Target developers site.

/Cristinel

Administrator

Hi @cristinel - thank you for your expertise! This question was posted by Adobe Target Community member @wsengsiry-20 : 

Hey Community, Was wondering if any one ran into this issue where one person is in one activity and is working on a few experience and another person who doesn't know the other person is in the same activity working.  The last person to save it keeps their work while the other loses their work that they did.  Anyone know a way of preventing this outside of just communication between the users?  I have not seen anything in Target that would let you know that someone is in an activity currently so it will prevent you from changing it from another user. (Almost like a checking in/checking out state, of the activity being used.)  Would save my team a lot of headaches in the future. Hope that was clear. Thanks.

Link to original question

Employee

@Amelia_Waliany wrote:

Hi @cristinel - thank you for your expertise! This question was posted by Adobe Target Community member @wsengsiry-20 : 

Hey Community, Was wondering if any one ran into this issue where one person is in one activity and is working on a few experience and another person who doesn't know the other person is in the same activity working.  The last person to save it keeps their work while the other loses their work that they did.  Anyone know a way of preventing this outside of just communication between the users?  I have not seen anything in Target that would let you know that someone is in an activity currently so it will prevent you from changing it from another user. (Almost like a checking in/checking out state, of the activity being used.)  Would save my team a lot of headaches in the future. Hope that was clear. Thanks.

Link to original question

Curren version of the Target UI does not support, nor prevents, concurrent editing on the Target activities which can accidentally lead to lost work. This has been noted as feature request and we are considering to improve this workflow once we start refreshing the activities management user interface.

With the current UI, there are only some setups or steps you can take to reduce risk. These involve  using workspaces and organize in teams assigned to a specific workspace and use very granular roles as well for the team members.

Hope this helps,

/Cristinel 

Employee

@cristinel

Thank you again for being with us today. We have another question that has come from @Umamaheswari_Yakkala :

I am new to the Targeting. what is this means "Adobe Target creates and maintains profiles for every individual user. This profile is stored on Target edge cluster and updated real-time." and is there any way that we can see these profiles in the Adobe Target?

Original post

Employee

@peterhartung wrote:

@cristinel

Thank you again for being with us today. We have another question that has come from @Umamaheswari_Yakkala :

I am new to the Targeting. what is this means "Adobe Target creates and maintains profiles for every individual user. This profile is stored on Target edge cluster and updated real-time." and is there any way that we can see these profiles in the Adobe Target?

Original post

When a user interacts with a site that has Adobe Target implemented, Target creates a visitor profile which contains information about that visitor and the visitor interaction with the site or with. Adobe Target campaigns. 

Further more, when Target is used together with other Adobe solutions (ex: Adobe Analytics) the profile information might be shared across the solutions (if using Experience Cloud ID service).

The user profile information is then stored on Adobe Target edge cluster and is available in real-time for subsequent tests or personalisation uses cases.

These profiles are not accessible in the Adobe Target UI, but can be accessed and enriched with additional data through the Admin APIs. You can read more about how to use APIs to view or update profile on the Adobe Target developer site.

Looking forward for additional information on what you would like to see / do with the profile information.

/Cristinel

Administrator

Hi @cranasta what is a feature area that you've been working on that you are most looking forward to for Adobe Target users?