Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

🗣️ [Mentor Kasper Andersen] 🌟 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Target Community Mentor, Kasper Andersen (aka @kandersen), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Target questions as you prepare for your Adobe Target Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E406)through to the end of the program. 

A little bit about your Adobe Target Community Mentor, Kasper Andersen:

kasper andersen .jpeg

With a rich background in digital marketing that dates back to the Omniture days, I have been deeply involved with Adobe Target since its inception as Test&Target.

My passion for Adobe Target stems from its unparalleled flexibility and potential; it’s by far my favorite tool in the Adobe stack because it offers limitless opportunities for customization and impact. As a mentor, I aim to empower others with the knowledge and skills to fully leverage Adobe Target.

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Kasper (aka @kandersen 

1. designbynumber
  2. arpitaulak
  3. cparthasarathy
  4. JyotiSharmaV
  5. kannacv
  6. karangalani
  7. kmalkari 
  8. lucass24692458
  9. Payoosni20
  10. Nidhi_Shastri

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Target Certification during the duration of the program: April 29th, 2024 – June 2nd, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Kasper (aka @kandersen), and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Kasper and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Target  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Target Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E406)
  • Test your Target knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Target Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Target Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!

Cheers, 

Amelia 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

55 Replies

Level 3

Hi all,

Hope it's okay to take a stab at this as I've been poking around all the threads.

I would choose B! To my understanding, Target reporting is usually pretty quick while Adobe Analytics can take longer time for data to appear ... 

Level 3

My answer would be A - when the BP wants to create multiple custom metrics via  Visual Experience Composer

Level 2

My answer would be A. 

For VEC BP will want to use adobe target as reporting source to create custom multiple metrics as it can be done in goals and settings by selecting particular elements.

Level 3

I'm gonna go with (A).  I am pretty sure I can rule out the other 3, however...

• You can tailor your custom metrics in the VEC to the experiment with a lot of flexibility relevant to your optimization efforts. This flexibility may not always translate/map well in A4T   
  • If you define a custom metric as an mbox, I believe you can only use 1, in A4T, so "multiple" wouldn't work. 
  • Since it's a "Target BP", they probably prefer to use Target  =D

Community Advisor

My answer is A: The BP wants to create multiple custom metrics using the VEC.

This will allow BP to add additional goal metrics to measure the success of his test which Adobe Analytics as a reporting source doesn't allow. 

Level 4

I love that you're chiming in, @BrittUricchio 

Thanks everyone for your engagement. The correct answer is A.

Target and the use of VEC has great flexibility in regards to being able to define success metrics that are not tagged by Adobe Analytics. 

On a similar note, my personal preference is to keep reporting in Target. Simply because it forces the BP to put in the thoughts of what metrics and segments do i wish to report on, as part of the workflow for creating the test. My experience is that people often get confused when they suddenly have access to all segments and metrics in AA and they tend to forget the main metric they are looking to change with the test. 

Module 1 is very much also about calculating the sample size [0, 1] for your tests, which is intertwined with the reporting source you select. 

[0] Sample size calculator: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/tools/calculator/testcalculator.html
[1] Great article to understand the different parameters and how they impact the calculation: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/target/using/activities/abtest/sample-size-determination

Level 4

Question for week 2:

What activity type should be used to deliver a temporary promotion banner to all site visitors that clicked through an email campaign?

A) A/B Test

B) Experience Targeting

C) Automated Personalization

D) Recommendations

Level 2

B). Experience targeting :  As in this we can personalize content to visitors coming through email campaign for eg when u click on an email in the URL if a query param gets added then we can also use that in our audience too as all the visitors will have that query param added in their URL.

Level 3

I’ll also go with (B). It’s  best option with “temporary” and targeting an “email campaign.” Limited time frame & a select audience (i.e. traffic source) means you can best target also target w/relevant content (I.e. geography). Running an a/b on the promotion layout, or other element, could be it but not best answer for the way Q is worded & word “delivering.”

Level 4

@designbynumber , @Payoosni20 Thank you for your engagement and elaborate answers.

You're both correct with selecting B

I had a bonus question in mind in regards to how to achieve this, but @Payoosni20 already gave the details

@designbynumber I love how you're breaking the question down and highlighten the important keywords. There will be questions in the exam that will give you A LOT of information. For those questions, typically 80-90 of the info is irrelevant, so identifying what is important and base your answers on that will get you a long way.

A quick made up example could be something along this: A BP have been in discussions with a Product Manager on a test. The BP initially proposed a simple A/B test by creating variations of the CTA. The Product Manager convinced him to include variations of both banner and CTA. The test has run for expected amount of days but have not yet reached the expected visitors for each offer. 

Again, a made up example, so not the best, but point being is that the key take-away is that it has reached expected days, but don't have enough visitors in each offer. Rest isn't relevant. 

So identifying key takeaways in the question. If you're still lost, start by ruling out the most obvious answers in order to narrow your options in and increase your chances for selecting the correct one.

Community Advisor

I will go with Option B: Experience Targeting. 
It allows you to define personalized content in any terms to a specific set of audience groups you want to target here in this case we are targeting visitors from email campaigns. 

Level 3

That would be B, I would go with  Experience Targeting to display a temporary promotion banner to visitors who clicked through an email campaign. as It would  specifically target the desired audience based on their behavior.

Level 4

Aspirants, 

I've received a couple of very relevant questions via private chat, but I think everyone will benefit from them, so I'm taking the liberty to summarize them here

How familiar should i be with the UI/menu structure etc.?

There will be questions related to the menu structure - it isn't critical that you get these right in order to pass the exam. Honestly, i typically fail on these simply because i no longer give it any thoughts what the name of the menu is - i just know where to click to the find the different things.

If you have access to Target spend 10-15 min to get yourself aquatinted with the menu and naming of them. It is relevant for the administration section and the different options under creating an audience.

How complex will the questions be?

This was an example of a question where several options could be correct. In short, the exam is not build to make sure you fail. 

I've been part of the process of writing questions for the exam and as part of that process we also review questions where there is a high percentage of people not getting it right, to ensure the questions aren't too confusing.

If you should run into one or two complex questions, these won't be the reason for you failing, if you don't get them right. 

If you're completely lost what to answer use this approach:

1. identify the most critical information in the questions and disregard all the other information

2. rule out the answers that most definitely are not correct. If you can rule out 2 answers, you're have 50/50 chance of guessing correct.

Whats the best way to test an activity before pushing it live?

I personally don't like using the activity qa links. I've sometime experienced that they aren't working as expected (in all fairness this is way back when they were initially released), so I'm using an 'old school' approach which conceptually is the same as the qa links

On all clients i work on i create an QA audience. Logic for the audience is: page url contains qa=true

(qa=true can be anything) and then name the audience QA audience or similar.

I then apply this audience to my activity when testing it. This ensures i can push my activity live without risking it being available for visitors to my site. It is only visible for people who know to append ?qa=true to the URL.

Not sure why, but i feel more confident testing my activity by actually having it live, which is why i prefer this approach.

----

I love getting questions - if you're up for it, post them here so that everyone benefits from it and can join the conversation. If you prefer a private chat, that is absolutely fine - I'll ensure to update this message if more questions should come up that I feel can benefit the broader audience

Level 4

Question for week 3

The conversion rate in the results data for an A/B test activity is much lower than expected. A Target Business Practioner must validate the ongoing activity and ensure proper performance. What should the BP do first?

A) monitor data of all live activities

B) end the activity immediately

C) re-examine the activity setup and metrics

D) reduce traffic exposure to 50%

Let me hear your thoughts?

Level 3

I'm gonna go with (C).  I think the key word is "What should the BP do first?."  Checking the experiment setup, itself, is a good first step.  Looking to see if others are having issues (A), is a good idea, though. Hmmm. Maybe, all items are having issues, or site, in general. It should be part of the "something is up checklist"  (D) is a strong, if the setup is correct, as it lowers the impact of the lower cvr  and you get to see insights / issues from previous visitors & new reduce visitors (but not first). 

Community Advisor

I will go with Option C first and then will go with Option D (conditions applied)

- For option C) re-examine the activity setup and metrics

It's important to check first if the A/B test is set up correctly with the desired goal metric to measure success in the activity.

- Next, I will go with Option D): Reduce traffic exposure to 50% (With below Conditions applied)

This will come into the picture only if BP initially sets up the Traffic allocation for the A/B test with some different subset allocation for example 70:30 or 80:20. Usually by default it always comes up as 50:50 traffic allocation for the A/B test. 

Level 3

I would go with option C - re-examine the activity setup and metrics.

If the conversion rate is lower than expected , its a good practice to first check the activity setup and metrics and 

then for the next step look at traffic allocation which is D

Level 2

My answer would be C.

The BP should first re-examine the activity setup and metrics if we have made any mistakes as for other options they can not be the first step to follow.For example if there is an issue then only to deactivate the activity and of any other live activity is also affecting that area then to check that next. But first step should be to re-examine the activity. 

Level 4

C is spot on. Well done, everyone!

You might be exposed to questions where you feel several of the answer options could be the correct. Typically those are questions related to debugging or validating. In those scenarios, focus on what your first step would be.

Level 3

Sharing some of notes on Adobe Standard vs Premium - Feel free to add more if there is anything i missed
or some other info to consider. Lets learn together happy learning

Features available in Adobe Standard vs Premium

Adobe Target Standard Activity Types
-------------------------------------

AB Testing (Manual)
Auto Allocate A/B Testing
Multivariate Testing
Experience Targeting

Adobe Target Premium Activity Types
------------------------------------
All activities of Target standard - and additional activities like
1.Automated Personalization
2.Auto Target
3.Recommendations

User Permissions - Standard vs Premium
--------------------------------------------
In Premium we have the Enterprise User Permissions functionality which lets us assign permissions for single user specific to the project , similar to giving user permissions for a specific report suite in Adobe Analytics.
You would see an user tab - (Administration -> Users) if you have the premium license to configure it.
while in Standard we can only give user permissions to the user which might apply to all projects.

Reference
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/target/using/introduction/intro
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/target/using/activities/target-activities-guide
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/target/using/administer/manage-users/enterprise/property-...