Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for an upcoming in-person Adobe Target Skill Builders event ~~> We're hosting these live learning opportunities to equip you with the knowledge and skills to leverage Target successfully. Learn more to see if we'll be coming to a city near you!

🗣️ [Mentor Kasper Andersen] 🌟 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program 2024 🌟

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Target Community Mentor, Kasper Andersen (aka @kandersen), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Target questions as you prepare for your Adobe Target Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E406)through to the end of the program. 

A little bit about your Adobe Target Community Mentor, Kasper Andersen:

kasper andersen .jpeg

With a rich background in digital marketing that dates back to the Omniture days, I have been deeply involved with Adobe Target since its inception as Test&Target.

My passion for Adobe Target stems from its unparalleled flexibility and potential; it’s by far my favorite tool in the Adobe stack because it offers limitless opportunities for customization and impact. As a mentor, I aim to empower others with the knowledge and skills to fully leverage Adobe Target.

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Kasper (aka @kandersen 

1. designbynumber
  2. arpitaulak
  3. cparthasarathy
  4. JyotiSharmaV
  5. kannacv
  6. karangalani
  7. kmalkari 
  8. lucass24692458
  9. Payoosni20
  10. Nidhi_Shastri

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Target Certification during the duration of the program: April 29th, 2024 – June 2nd, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with your Mentor, Kasper (aka @kandersen), and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Kasper and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Target  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Target Business Practitioner Expert Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E406)
  • Test your Target knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Target Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Target Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

We're wishing you all the best as you embark on this learning journey!

Cheers, 

Amelia 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

55 Replies

Level 4

Hi Aspirants, 

Looking forward to supporting you on this journey towards your Target Certification. I'd love to hear your motivation for taking this certification - is it a requirement in your job role, personal learning or something completely else.

Please share and introduce yourself (location, org/company, your experience with Target, etc). 

Community Advisor

Hi @kandersen , I am Jyoti Sharma, based in Austin, TX, USA. I am a Data Analyst working with Silicon Labs for almost 4 years. For more than a year I have been using Target for my Job role in terms of personalizing the right content to the right audience. I have explored this tool almost myself, also through Experience League and Target documentation. I am very delighted to work on this great tool for my company. My motivation for taking this certification is to enhance my knowledge in unexplored areas of Target for me and more for my learning, which I am sure will help me in my job role and responsibilities as well for great business outcomes. 

Level 3

Hi @kandersen & team. Pleasure to meet everyone! I'm Eric from Chicago. I have a background in engineering, HCI/UX, and all facets of digital marketing. I enjoy understanding behavior and crafting experiences that help the user & drive business goals. My journey began in tech startups, then into performance marketing, particularly in search. I've worked with a number of testing and personalization platforms & an array of complex tech stacks to help analyze, segment and further 'test & target.'

The engagements with Adobe Analytics and Target have definitely been a highlight. I'm eager to delve deeper into Target and several of the other Adobe products that make it even more powerful. I'm equally excited to learn and develop relationships alongside fellow enthusiasts worldwide. Cheers!

Level 2

Hello team,

I'm Payoosni Singh, based in Bangalore, India.

With three years of experience in Adobe Target, specializing in building A/B and XT activities, I'm eager to expand my knowledge further. I'm looking forward to learning more and aiming to achieve certification with the support of our community and mentor.

Looking forward to connecting with everyone! Here's my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/payoosni-singh-7874b7138

Level 4

Thanks for sharing, @Payoosni20 Looking forward to be part of your certification journey

Level 3

Hi @kandersen 

I am Charu from Calgary AB working in public sector, and  I am looking to expand my knowledge in Adobe Target.

I have around 3 years of experience in Adobe Target

Level 4

Thanks for your introduction, @cparthasarathy Excited to have you on board

Level 4

Hello designbynumber, arpitaulak, cparthasarathy, JyotiSharmaV, kannacv, karangalani, kmalkari, lucass24692458, Payoosni20, Nidhi_Shastri

Let's dive straight into it. The certification will be focused on 4 modules:

Module 1: Planning and strategy (31%)

• Identify business KPIs and successfully translate these into optimization goals given key business requirements
  • Identify opportunities for optimization based on business KPIs and data analysis
  • Prioritize test ideas based on business needs, level of effort, and potential for lift
  • Based on the Adobe Sample Size Calculator, determine how variables impact the activity
  • Construct test hypotheses based on a given scenario and identify hypotheses elements
  • Analyze a test hypothesis based on a given scenario and identify aspects of a valid hypothesis
  • Determine KPI-based primary and secondary success metrics
  • Assess audience requirements
  • Determine the appropriate analytics reporting sources (i.e., Target or Adobe Analytics)

Module 2: Configuring, executing and managing (42%)

• Explain the use of Form-Based Experience Composer vs. the Visual Experience Composer
  • Apply procedures to create an experience using VEC
  • Apply procedures to create an experience using Form-Based Composer
  • Apply procedures to manage experiences within an experience composer
  • Describe the workflow that applies to creating Target Activities
  • Apply procedures to create an A/B test activity
  • Apply procedures to create an XT activity
  • Apply procedures to create an MVT activity
  • Understand how AP is used for solutions
  • Apply procedures to create a Recommendation activity
  • Apply procedures to create an Audience in Target
  • Apply procedures to set Goals and Settings
  • Apply procedures to conduct Activity QA
  • Apply procedures to manage Activities and Audiences within Target

Module 3: Analyzing and reporting (17%)

• Define and evaluate report settings to help set the elements that appear in a report
  • Evaluate and compare Adobe Target Sample Size Calculator settings when both planning Target activities and validating Target activities reports
  • Evaluate and identify common problems associated with A/B testing and how to avoid them
  • Understand how Automated Personalization Summary reports differ from other reports
  • Evaluate Experience Performance reports (MVT)
  • Determine the winning variation based on the observed lift, confidence levels and business objectives

Module 4: Troubleshooting (10%)

• Diagnose activity qualification issues
  • Use browser debugging tools (including Experience Cloud Debugger) to verify implementation
  • Verify metrics and reporting

I'm attaching training material for Module 1 - please review and come back and post any questions you may have here in the thread.

Level 4

Please find attached the training material for module 2:

Module 2: Configuring, executing and managing (42%)

• Explain the use of Form-Based Experience Composer vs. the Visual Experience Composer
  • Apply procedures to create an experience using VEC
  • Apply procedures to create an experience using Form-Based Composer
  • Apply procedures to manage experiences within an experience composer
  • Describe the workflow that applies to creating Target Activities
  • Apply procedures to create an A/B test activity
  • Apply procedures to create an XT activity
  • Apply procedures to create an MVT activity
  • Understand how AP is used for solutions
  • Apply procedures to create a Recommendation activity
  • Apply procedures to create an Audience in Target
  • Apply procedures to set Goals and Settings
  • Apply procedures to conduct Activity QA
  • Apply procedures to manage Activities and Audiences within Target

For those who have years of experience working with Target, questions from this module should be easy peasy. If you don't have access to Target Premium it will be worth making yourself familiar with AP and Recommendation. Again, feel free to shoot any questions you may have related to the module. 

Level 4

Aspirants-

Please find attached the training materail for module 3:

Module 3: Analyzing and reporting (17%)

• Define and evaluate report settings to help set the elements that appear in a report
  • Evaluate and compare Adobe Target Sample Size Calculator settings when both planning Target activities and validating Target activities reports
  • Evaluate and identify common problems associated with A/B testing and how to avoid them
  • Understand how Automated Personalization Summary reports differ from other reports
  • Evaluate Experience Performance reports (MVT)
  • Determine the winning variation based on the observed lift, confidence levels and business objectives

As always, please post any questions you may have related to the module.

Level 4

Time is flying and we are already at the final module :

Module 4: Troubleshooting (10%)

• Diagnose activity qualification issues
  • Use browser debugging tools (including Experience Cloud Debugger) to verify implementation
  • Verify metrics and reporting

As always, don't hold back on any questions you may have

Level 2

Hi @kandersen,

Can we please get any practice exam link  so that we can try that before giving the main exam link.

Regards, 

Payoosni 

Level 4

Hi @Payoosni20 

Absolutely! 

This document is a couple of years old, but it has some good questions in the end of it: https://learning.adobe.com/content/dam/adls/certification/samples/en/9A0-398%20Adobe%20Target%20Busi...

In order to take a practice exam, follow these steps:

1. First, log in to the Adobe Credential Management System with your Adobe ID.

2. Then, go to the Adobe Certification Exam Prep Portal to find your practice test.

Source (see step 2): https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/certification/program/technical-certifications/at/at-expe... 

Level 2

Thank you so much @kandersen and @cparthasarathy  I'll try both the solutions.

Regards,

Payoosni

Level 4

Question for week 1:

A Target Business Practitioner (BP) needs to create an activity. The Target BP chooses Adobe

Target as a reporting source instead of Adobe Analytics.

What is one reason that the Target BP chooses Adobe Target?

A: The BP wants to create multiple custom metrics using the VEC.
B: Adobe Analytics causes a 24-hour delay in results.
C: An unusually high number of visitors must be tracked in the activity.
Analysis needs to include trends over time.

Community Advisor

Where to post the answer? In private chat?

Level 4

You’re welcome to post in private chat.
If you’re up for it, then post here and let us have a discussion round the answer options