Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Working with attachments

Employee

Hi all,

I have a simple question.

I've designed a process with LCES 8.2.1. To start my process, I've setup "Task Manager" endpoint.

The user can login within LiveCycle Workspace ES, start the process. It displays a Form Guide when the user can fill-in my form and add attachments. Then he clicks on Submit.

What is need is to store the attachments in a variable to get the names of the files.

I've noticed that when I add a "User" step in my workflow, I can assign a "list of documents" variable to the attached files of a task. It's working well.

How to get the list of files attached by the user when this is the endpoint. I can't find any way to assign the attachments with a "list of documents" variable when I create the endpoint. I guess that the files are stored in a variable, but I can't find how to access them...

Thanks...

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The only way to get at the attachments at that time is through code. There have been a couple of custom components created to solve this as well. I will forward a separate email with details.

Paul

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Michael,

For the first user step you should select 'Copy from previous task' option for the attachments rather than the list. This will give you the attachments that somone attached while starting this process via task manager endpoint.

If you want to use List variable from the first Use step onwards then you should configure that List to store attachments coming out of that User step and then after your subsequent user steps can have list variable configure for the attachments.

regards,

Parth

Employee

Thanks Path. Indeed, all your advices are working.

But what I need is to get the list of attachments just after a user initiates the process within LC Workspace.

Imagine this simple process:

- a user starts a process within LC workspace and attach files. It initiates the process "copyme"

- the first step of "copyme" needs to get the attachments and copy them on the file system. > I don't know how to get the list of attachments...

Former Community Member

Michael,

I just emailed you some custom components that do the job for you.

Paul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The only way to get at the attachments at that time is through code. There have been a couple of custom components created to solve this as well. I will forward a separate email with details.

Paul

Employee

Thank you Paul. Indeed I need a cusom component to get the attachments.

Level 1

Hello Paul,

I also have to do something similar. I have flex form which opens in workspace. I need to upload some images for process to store in content space. Right now form sends xml data to the process. I want to send attachments as well. Could you please send me sample code or procedure to do this in flex form.

Thanks

Venu

Former Community Member

I do not know how to attach a file to a Flex form but you could use the process step attachment envelope. I can send you the component that will help. I have renamed the ajr file to a txt file to make it through the filtering on this site. Rename it to jar before using.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you Paul. I found something in other form.

"Within  Assign Task step in Workbench, go into the "Attachments and Notes" section and ensure that "SHow attachment window for this task" is checked should you wish to allow attachment adding."

My objective is user will fill application form and then uploads some scanned images(proof docs). I want to store these scanned images in content space.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Community Member

Hi Paul,

Your attachment shows up as QUEUED. How do I download that from the forum page?

thanks,

Parth

Former Community Member

You can't ....that queued meand that the Virus scan checker didn't like it for some reason. If you post your email address I will send it to you that way.

Paul

Level 1

pls email to etc.mails@yahoo.com

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----