Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What would be the best method to build a customizable list of questions?

Level 2

Hi everyone,

I have a pool of questions divided into different subject groups - they are used during phone interviews. The interviewer selects only the questions he/she wants to ask before the interview takes place and hides the rest (typically, about half of the pool of questions will be used). During the course of the interview, the interviewer records his/her thoughts in a multi-line text box below each question and then upon completion prints or saves the PDF.

I have made the what I've mentioend above in the form of a crude webpage here at work, using a show/hide javascript to manage the hiding and the showing of the questions to be asked. The trouble is, it's not very user-friendly and doesn't hold-up well when printed. My manager says it is too much to ask the interviewer to go to their browser settings to enable background colors during printing.

Enter LiveCycle. After looking at it and playing around with it for a week, I'm wondering if I can use it to build something better? I figured out showing/hiding with nested subforms and setting the flow accordingly, but I would really appreciate any input as to: (A)Is LiveCycle a good choice for what I'm trying to do? and (B) Is there an easier, more elegant method to add/remove the questions from the "pool"? I'm still trying to come to grips with all that LiveCycle can do. For reference: below is a screenshot from my web version (I would link to it but it is on my company's intranet).

Thank you all very much for your time and for any ideas you may have,

Chris

question.gif

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Have you tried repeating subforms? You could seed the form with an xml file, then allow the interviewer to delete the unwanted questions. Look at this article:

A Form to Design a Form

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Have you tried repeating subforms? You could seed the form with an xml file, then allow the interviewer to delete the unwanted questions. Look at this article:

A Form to Design a Form

Level 2

Hi Jnicholas330,

Thank you very much for pointing me in that direction. I'll check it out over the next few days and report my results - it sounds very promising!

All the best,

Chris