Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Our company is giving iPads to users, what happens to our forms?

Level 4

Hello,

Ps. let us know does Adobe Interactive forms (developed from LiveCycle designer) will work on Apple iPads (iOS) for users to enter the data on the form?

If so, any restrictions? or does users has to download any app to make the forms to work on iPads?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

dynamic form (XFA) aren't supported on mobile devices.

Static forms will be filLable with Reader Mobile and other 3rd party PDF-viewers.

There is also a HTML5-solution for LiveCycle enviroments to translate XFA-forms into HTML pages, but the result doesn't r'un stand-alone and requires a server.

Mobile | Adobe LiveCycle Enterprise Suite 4

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

dynamic form (XFA) aren't supported on mobile devices.

Static forms will be filLable with Reader Mobile and other 3rd party PDF-viewers.

There is also a HTML5-solution for LiveCycle enviroments to translate XFA-forms into HTML pages, but the result doesn't r'un stand-alone and requires a server.

Level 4

Thank you.

Pls. let us know

1) In whose place this server is needed, I mean, iPad device owner in his/her iPad or Form developer/programmer in his/her desktop or Centrally located at our company level?

2) How do you call this server,  I mean server name?

3) How to get this server, I mean, do we need to buy additionally?

4) If the said server is in place then, LC form developer can create form as usual or form developer need to know more expertise / additional new skill set, for example HTML5 coding other than JS/FormCalc and designing part?

4) If the said server is in place then, does iPad user can feel / experience with the form as usual as compared to desktop or does iPad user looses any functionality, look & feel?

5) The provided link is in German, pls. send us English link, Sorry

Than you

Level 10

Sorry,I can't answer this, as I don't use this solution.

Please goto the following community LiveCycle Mobile Forms

Level 4

Thank you.

If possible, the provided link is in German, pls. provide me the above link in English,