Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Validate two sums and display total

Level 1

I have a form which sums numeric data (amounts) in both columns and rows. I need to verify that the sum of the row of totals and the sum of the column of weekly totals are identical and dsiplay the total in a single grand total field. Because the form was imported as a fixed field form Tables and Subforms are not available. I've set up individual fields for AllTotals and the WeeksTotal elsewhere on the form that I can make invisible thinking I could use an if expression but I can't figure out how to display the sum in the GrandTotal field. Any suggestions?

2 Replies

Level 7

Can you put a new Text Field on top of the area where the GrandTotal would appear? Kinda like putting a transparent film over the top of a picture and writing on that? (Or a new layer on top of an existing picture.)

That's how we handle text field "hints" on our forms. There's a Text Field, and on top of that I put a Text Box. When the user enters that field, I make the box hidden.

Would something like that work?

Level 1

Possibly. The challenge I'm haing stems, I think, from working on a form with PDF artwork so I can't create a Table or a subform, meaning all the calculations have to be done manually and that I am comparing two calculated sums. Ihad been thinking I could use an if expression but couldn't figure it out, maybe if I make it a double layer box where the fix layer looks at whether the sums are identical and the second layer displays the sum it will work. Wort a try anyway. Thanks!