Expand my Community achievements bar.

Validate two sums and display total

Level 1

I have a form which sums numeric data (amounts) in both columns and rows. I need to verify that the sum of the row of totals and the sum of the column of weekly totals are identical and dsiplay the total in a single grand total field. Because the form was imported as a fixed field form Tables and Subforms are not available. I've set up individual fields for AllTotals and the WeeksTotal elsewhere on the form that I can make invisible thinking I could use an if expression but I can't figure out how to display the sum in the GrandTotal field. Any suggestions?

2 Replies

Level 7

Can you put a new Text Field on top of the area where the GrandTotal would appear? Kinda like putting a transparent film over the top of a picture and writing on that? (Or a new layer on top of an existing picture.)

That's how we handle text field "hints" on our forms. There's a Text Field, and on top of that I put a Text Box. When the user enters that field, I make the box hidden.

Would something like that work?

Level 1

Possibly. The challenge I'm haing stems, I think, from working on a form with PDF artwork so I can't create a Table or a subform, meaning all the calculations have to be done manually and that I am comparing two calculated sums. Ihad been thinking I could use an if expression but couldn't figure it out, maybe if I make it a double layer box where the fix layer looks at whether the sums are identical and the second layer displays the sum it will work. Wort a try anyway. Thanks!