Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Using Radio Buttons

Level 5

Good Day All;

This is the first time I have tried using radio buttons on a form, so this question "might" be very simple to most of you.

I have a list of questions to add to a form and the user is to answer the questions using radio buttons. There will be 3 buttons for each question. Yes, No, and N/A. I am using raidio buttons as I only want the user to be able to select 1 choice. As well, the form will be flowed so I figured I need to put the question and the radio buttons in a table. When I tried this, the radio buttons "statcked" one on top of the other. I would need to have the radio buttons "beside" each other. So it would look something like.

Question                                                                                                       0 Yes     0 No     0 N/A

All help would be appreciated

Regards

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The way you added the radio buttons in the form that you uploaded seems to be OK..

But one thing I observed is, you have placed each row as a separate table in the form which you do not need to. You can have one table and have them as separate rows. (attached the modified file)

Let me know if you still have issues..

https://acrobat.com/#d=YM8D0zmRdG8IdqqgQ3*z3Q

Thanks

Srini

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

That is happening might because your subform is set to Flowed.. Change it to Positioned and then move the radio buttons to the position you want them tobe..

If you still have issues, you can share the form, so I can have a look at it.

Thanks

Srini

Level 10

You don't need to use a table - you can wrap the radio button group in a positioned subform if you need to.

Level 5

Thanks Srini and Jono.

The form is multi section. After each section there is a place to add comments. The comments field can expand to allow for as much info as the user would like to add.

I am not sure how I could share this form to show you what I am doing. Any help..

Regards

Chomp

Level 10

Steps to share a document..

1. Go to URL http://Acrobat.com
2. Create an account if you don't have one.
3. Then login to the website.
4. In top left corner you will see a button called Upload.
5. Click on browse and select the file you want to upload.
6. After Uploading, mouse over on the uploaded file. Click the down arrow button and choose Share document.
7. Then you will be prompted a popup window at the lower left corner. Choose "Publish it" option.
8. In the next pop up window choose "Copy Link" option.
9. You can paste the link in the forum thread.

Thanks

Srini

Correct answer by
Level 10

The way you added the radio buttons in the form that you uploaded seems to be OK..

But one thing I observed is, you have placed each row as a separate table in the form which you do not need to. You can have one table and have them as separate rows. (attached the modified file)

Let me know if you still have issues..

https://acrobat.com/#d=YM8D0zmRdG8IdqqgQ3*z3Q

Thanks

Srini

Level 5

Thank you very much Srini...Works like a charm.

I have one more question but I will start a new topic for that one..

Thanks Again

Chomp