Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Toop tip?

Level 8

Hello

How to get user entred DATA/VALUE as TOOL TIP?

THank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'd use the Exit event, not mouseExit. The idea is that when the field is filled in and then exited the data gets added to the tooltip - the tooltip needs no scripting itself to show up.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 3

have you tried

right click your date box > palettes > accessibility > and then type what you want for the tool tip

Or

perhaps you want a box to pop up to read DATA/VALUE format only? In this case you

Right click the date box > then select value from the object palette then select validation pattern select the pattern, then type in the message below in the error and validate boxes

Level 8

Sorry, for not providing enough info. in my original post.

For example, user entered JOHN in my_name text field. Here my_name is CAPTION

Currently, am getting 'my_name' / CAPTION as tool tip.

But, i WANT to get/see JOHN as tool tip.

Thank you

Level 10

Try the following on the exit event of the field:

this.assist.toolTip.value = this.rawValue;

Level 8

Thank you.

But, actually, some time back, i saw in google that we can get it by ACCESSIBILITY tab, meanig, coding is not required. But, i forgot that approach/settings/solution.

Level 8

Sorry, this is not working!! is it working for you?

I am i doing some thing wrong?

Thank you

Level 10

Did you put that script on the Exit event of the field? I tested it and it worked fine. Make sure it's set to Javascript.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the Accessibility tab...if you want the value of the field in the Tooltip you have to script it.

Level 8

Yes, its working fine, Thank you.

Why it was worked for me 1st time: The reason is that i kept ur code at both

locations of mouseEnter and mouseExit!! Sorry.

I am sure that, we can achieve this by BINDING it in ACCESSIBILITY tab, that

was suggested by Niall D' and i tested it that time, it worked fine, now i

forgot it!

Anyways, ur solution is solving my issue, Thank you

Correct answer by
Level 10

I'd use the Exit event, not mouseExit. The idea is that when the field is filled in and then exited the data gets added to the tooltip - the tooltip needs no scripting itself to show up.