Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attach button, tool tip and digitally signed forms (HOW?)

Level 2

I am encountering the same problem as the user who started the post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/874553

I have read this thread in its entirety. To this point, all forms have been built using a button, and, using the Action Builder, I've assigned the following to the "click" event:

When AttachDocuments is clicked, Attach a file to the form.

In addition, given that some of our users will be using Adobe® Reader® while others have access to either Adobe® Acrobat® or Adobe® Acrobat®, we are trying to accommodate the entire demographic by including, within the Accessibility panel's Tool Tip area, a message that states:

"If using Adobe® Acrobat®, you can attach documents to this form. If using, Adobe® Reader®, you must attach documents to your outgoing email message."

When a user hovers the mouse over the button, the tool tip appears.

All of this appears to work just fine within LiveCycle's Preview; however, when I open the form (saved as Reader-enabled with extended features) in Adobe® Acrobat® Pro, I get the following error message:

This document restricts some Acrobat features to allow for extended features in Adobe Reader. To create a copy of the document that is not restricted (and has no extended features in Adobe Reader), click Save a Copy.

With all of our forms, we are requiring digital signatures. Forms submitted without them will NOT be accepted.

We understand perfectly that those using Adobe® Reader® will have to attach all desired files to their outgoing GroupWise email message(s); however, I am not sure whether I am understanding the other post correctly: is there a way to allow our Adobe® Acrobat® and Adobe® Acrobat® Pro and users to attach files AND be able to digitally sign our forms that does NOT require special additions or usage rights on the server?

If such a solution does exist, could you please outline the steps, actions and scripting necessary to achieve it?

Many thanks.

0 Replies