Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Attach button, tool tip and digitally signed forms (HOW?)

charis_dancer
Level 2
Level 2

I am encountering the same problem as the user who started the post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/874553

I have read this thread in its entirety. To this point, all forms have been built using a button, and, using the Action Builder, I've assigned the following to the "click" event:

When AttachDocuments is clicked, Attach a file to the form.

In addition, given that some of our users will be using Adobe® Reader® while others have access to either Adobe® Acrobat® or Adobe® Acrobat®, we are trying to accommodate the entire demographic by including, within the Accessibility panel's Tool Tip area, a message that states:

"If using Adobe® Acrobat®, you can attach documents to this form. If using, Adobe® Reader®, you must attach documents to your outgoing email message."

When a user hovers the mouse over the button, the tool tip appears.

All of this appears to work just fine within LiveCycle's Preview; however, when I open the form (saved as Reader-enabled with extended features) in Adobe® Acrobat® Pro, I get the following error message:

This document restricts some Acrobat features to allow for extended features in Adobe Reader. To create a copy of the document that is not restricted (and has no extended features in Adobe Reader), click Save a Copy.

With all of our forms, we are requiring digital signatures. Forms submitted without them will NOT be accepted.

We understand perfectly that those using Adobe® Reader® will have to attach all desired files to their outgoing GroupWise email message(s); however, I am not sure whether I am understanding the other post correctly: is there a way to allow our Adobe® Acrobat® and Adobe® Acrobat® Pro and users to attach files AND be able to digitally sign our forms that does NOT require special additions or usage rights on the server?

If such a solution does exist, could you please outline the steps, actions and scripting necessary to achieve it?

Many thanks.

0 Replies