Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Text wrap in a drop down list

Level 5

Good Day All;

I think there might be a simple answer to this, but, I have yet to find it.

In a form I have designed I have a drop down box (in a table cell) where the user can select from a number of entries. One of the entries is to long for the amount of space for the field.

I am trying to figure out how to get the text to wrap and the cell to expand. I have putting a check mark in the “expand to fit” (under layout tab). This seems to work on the “text” fields  (along with checking off  allow for multiple lines).

Is there a way to get the text to wrap in a drop down list?

Thanks all

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can't wrap text in a dropdown. For items that are bigger than the field you will get a tooltip that shows the full value.

You could adjust the size of the field on enter/exit (using the .w property) but then you'd probably be better off just making the dropdown bigger.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can't wrap text in a dropdown. For items that are bigger than the field you will get a tooltip that shows the full value.

You could adjust the size of the field on enter/exit (using the .w property) but then you'd probably be better off just making the dropdown bigger.

Level 5

Thanks Jono... I did not think so...

Chomp