Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Text wrap in a drop down list

Level 5

Good Day All;

I think there might be a simple answer to this, but, I have yet to find it.

In a form I have designed I have a drop down box (in a table cell) where the user can select from a number of entries. One of the entries is to long for the amount of space for the field.

I am trying to figure out how to get the text to wrap and the cell to expand. I have putting a check mark in the “expand to fit” (under layout tab). This seems to work on the “text” fields  (along with checking off  allow for multiple lines).

Is there a way to get the text to wrap in a drop down list?

Thanks all

Chomp

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can't wrap text in a dropdown. For items that are bigger than the field you will get a tooltip that shows the full value.

You could adjust the size of the field on enter/exit (using the .w property) but then you'd probably be better off just making the dropdown bigger.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can't wrap text in a dropdown. For items that are bigger than the field you will get a tooltip that shows the full value.

You could adjust the size of the field on enter/exit (using the .w property) but then you'd probably be better off just making the dropdown bigger.

Level 5

Thanks Jono... I did not think so...

Chomp