Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

ScreenSharingPublisher and LCCS SDK

Level 2

Hi everyone,

Im facing some troubles with lccs, specifically with Screensharing.

I have an app running and doing screensharing, it's working well and fine. In this app i can have users (with presenter+ roles) sharing their screen (one at a time) and other lccs streams.

But to get this working i had to set some workarounds in the lccs source code.

First, i don't know why, when a user is doing screensharing the ScreenSharingPublisher.isPublishing method of other users (who is receiving the stream and not publishing) always returns true. Even when the user who is sharing his screen stops publishing, the method continues returning true. This blocks other user to share their screen, once the method publish of the ScreenSharingPublisher checks if there is something being publish.

To get around this, i made a call of ScreenSharingPublisher.stop()  on the handler of the ScreenShareEvent.stoppPlayingScreenShare, and my handler is like this:

protected function stopPlayingScreenShare(event:ScreenShareEvent):void
{
     this.screenSharePublisher.stop();
     changeToScreenNotBeingPresented();

}

But this did not work, once the lccs code for ScreenSharingPublisher.stop() checks if the Addin is launched before set the attribute isPublishing to false (In user who are receiving only, the addin is not launched).

//Code for ScreenSharingPublisher of LCCS

public function stop(p_publisherid:String=null):void
{
     if(_outgoingConnection != null && _isLaunched)
     {
     var props:Object = new Object();
     //id?

//LCCS code...

_isLaunched = false;
     _isPublishing = false;

}
}

To get this work, i added in the end of the ScreenSharingPublisher.stop() method an intruction to set isPublishing to false.

public function stop(p_publisherid:String=null):void
{
     if(_outgoingConnection != null && _isLaunched)
     {
     var props:Object = new Object();
     //id?

//LCCS code...

_isLaunched = false;
     _isPublishing = false;

}

_isLaunched = false;

_isPublishing = false;

}

I made this workaround and my app is running well, like i sad.

But im not sure if this is a bug or if i misundertood the way LCCS works or im not configuring LCCS in the right way.

What do you guys think?

That's it guys, help me out on this.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Fausto Vaz,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. It was a bug at our end, and we are ready with a patch. If you are using SDK 10.1 src, then you could add this code to ScreenSharePublisher.as at line 1077 (inside onStreamReceive method) under cocomoPlayer10.1/src/com/adobe/rtc/collaboration/

if (desc.streamPublisherID != connectSession.userManager.myUserID &&

desc.originalScreenPublisher != connectSession.userManager.myUserID) {

return;

}

Alternatively I have attached a swc and src for your convenience.

Thanks again for reporting this issue.

Sincerely

Arun

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

Guys,

I forgot to tell that im using version 1.3.7 of the lccs sdk, flash player version 10.1 and Windows 7 64 bits.

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Fausto Vaz,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us. It was a bug at our end, and we are ready with a patch. If you are using SDK 10.1 src, then you could add this code to ScreenSharePublisher.as at line 1077 (inside onStreamReceive method) under cocomoPlayer10.1/src/com/adobe/rtc/collaboration/

if (desc.streamPublisherID != connectSession.userManager.myUserID &&

desc.originalScreenPublisher != connectSession.userManager.myUserID) {

return;

}

Alternatively I have attached a swc and src for your convenience.

Thanks again for reporting this issue.

Sincerely

Arun

Level 2

Hi Arun,

thank you very much for your help.

I applied the patch and all worked fine.

Regards,

Fausto.