Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sending to a user filled e-mail address field

Level 2

Hi again,

I think I found the answer to this question, but when I try to click on the attachment in the posting it says "forbidden"

When the user is filling out my form, there are 3-4 fields where an e-mail address is required. What I would like to happen is when the user clicks the "submit" button the form not only goes to the address connected with the button, it also goes to the e-mail addresses filled in on the form.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Cory

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Cory,

Yes, that is possible but you will need a bit of scripting to get it working. Basically you would need to first check that each of the fields where a user can input an email address are NOT null. Then you would build up a variable with the valid email addresses and use this in the script.

I have some examples here http://www.assuredynamics.com. If you go to the Email Solutions, there are two examples, one for users with Acrobat/Reader v9 or above and those with an earlier version. Have a look at which ever one is relevant to your situation.

You should have a look at the third button, which has a custom script in the click event. It is a Regular Button.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

Hi Niall,

Here is an example of what I need to do.  3 fields, user filled with e-mail addresses.  I am pretty sure the code is messed up, can you take a look and see what I did wrong?

Thanks!

Cory

Cannot attach documents???

Message was edited by: Coryad

Level 10

Hi Cory,

Sorry for the delay.

You cannot attach files to the froums. If you upload to a file sharing site like Acrobat.com and then post the published URL here.

Niall