Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

exception while invoking submit in customised workspace

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have built a custom workpace as per the requiremnts. also, custom approval container,

now what is happening is that while submit the data from custom workspace , it is throwing exception;

Exception when invoking service 'remoting-service': flex.messaging.MessageException: Cannot invoke method 'prepareForSubmit'. Method 'prepareForSubmit' not found.

incomingMessage: Flex Message (flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage)
operation = prepareForSubmit

parameters = [EBB9CD44-7C5C-102D-8E25-00000A051045, 2902]
clientId = BC3D5FB2-9709-5A3C-5C2A-92AB0A3A1430

destination = task-actions
messageId = A3AA04BE-D287-DAE6-C042-2D277978BD5A

timestamp = 1297837685127
timeToLive = 0
body = null
hdr(DSId) = BC3CAB65-5D1C-688A-272F-3D7C4343E301
hdr(DSEndpoint) = workspace-polling-amf

Exception: flex.messaging.MessageException: Cannot invoke method 'prepareForSubmit'. Method 'prepareForSubmit' not found.
at flex.messaging.util.MethodMatcher.methodNotFound(MethodMatcher.java:378)
at flex.messaging.util.MethodMatcher.getMethod(MethodMatcher.java:186)
at flex.messaging.services.remoting.adapters.JavaAdapter.invoke(JavaAdapter.java:420)
at flex.messaging.services.RemotingService.serviceMessage(RemotingService.java:183)
at flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1406)
at flex.messaging.AsyncMessageBroker.routeMessageToService(AsyncMessageBroker.java:571)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:1005)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.MessageBrokerFilter.invoke(MessageBrokerFilter.java:103)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.LegacyFilter.invoke(LegacyFilter.java:158)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SessionFilter.invoke(SessionFilter.java:44)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.BatchProcessFilter.invoke(BatchProcessFilter.java:67)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.amf.SerializationFilter.invoke(SerializationFilter.java:165)
at flex.messaging.endpoints.BaseHTTPEndpoint.service(BaseHTTPEndpoint.java:293)
at flex.messaging.MessageBrokerServlet.service(MessageBrokerServlet.java:364)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

and form remains as usual in workspace. this is not happening with only my custom apprval container but also with default and approval container too.

it's seems to me there is some probem with my custom workspace code. as it is working fine with default workspace.

what i did, was created custom login, as well as  some header comp and just lc:ToDo componet to which session is bound in Main.mxml.

what is going wrong here? can anybody explain?

want to add some more is that "prepareForSubmit" is present in TaskManager - api project - workspcae source code. But what i don't understand why it is not able to found it?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Sounds like a version mismatch.  Whatever SP level you are at, apply the latest Process Management patch to get both a server side update AND the workspace source zip update.  Make sure you customization is on the updated source in the patch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Sounds like a version mismatch.  Whatever SP level you are at, apply the latest Process Management patch to get both a server side update AND the workspace source zip update.  Make sure you customization is on the updated source in the patch.

Former Community Member

Thanks a lot Jon.

it working fine now. after reading your comments i realised  my mistake. what i did actually, when i was customizing workspace code, i found files missing and realised that it contains bugs. so,  i decided to apply workbench sp1 update for Es2 gm which updated the workspace source code.

and i started working on new souce code and after customizations done , i deployed it on server. but i found that when i was hitting any of the approval container window task, which involves interaction with livecycle. it is generating fault events. i put my whole day into debugging and sorting out. but no results.

as per the exeption, after you hit approve or deny button , it will go to TaskManager.prepare forSubmit() and there in taskutem ation , it is generating faultevent instead of resultevent for reason beyond my fathom.

But ,after you said about version mismatch, i got it imedaitely, that i applied the sp1 update to workbench only and not to server. So, i applied it to the server and sort out some issues while that. and finally evything working gr8 again.

thanks once again Jon.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----