Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

SAP Adobe Forms - how to use variables from context in JavaScript/FormCalc

Level 2

Hello,

I am beginner in Sap Adobe Forms, I need a little help.

I have to create a Sap Adobe form with a table, which included in some columns images (dynamicly based on data in input table).

What I did now ( in my example form I expect only 2 types of pictures (red a green triangle) ):

1) In se78 create  2 pictures (red a green triangle)

2) in interface of the form create 3 global variables :

GV_PICT_TRIANGLE_RED - xstring

GV_PICT_TRIANGLE_GREEN - xstring

GV_SWITCH_PICTURE - char1 (value 'G' -> want to display green triangle, 'R' -> want to display red triangle)

3) in init section of interface add a code to load binary pictures from Se78

CALL METHOD cl_ssf_xsf_utilities=>get_bds_graphic_as_bmp

EXPORTING

p_object = 'GRAPHICS'

p_name   = 'ZGM_PEP_SIPKA_CERVENA'

p_id     = 'BMAP'

p_btype  = 'BCOL'

RECEIVING

p_bmp = GV_PICT_TRIANGLE_RED

EXCEPTIONS

not_found = 1

internal_error = 2

OTHERS = 3.

etc...

4) in my test form in context I created 2 Graphics node (GRAPHICS_1, GRAPHICS_2) , type content graphics and map contend field to global variables GV_PICT_TRIANGLE_RED and GV_PICT_TRIANGLE_GREEN

5) that is all OK, when I on subform put ImageField IMAGE_01 a  bind it to GRAPHICS_1 or GRAPHICS_2, picture will be display corect.

6) Now I need in Image field IMAGE_01 display picture dynamicly (for example depend on value of global variable GV_SWITCH_PICTURE), it means, that in some event ( initialize ) of form should I by javaScript / FormCalc  set dynamic binding to GRAPHICS_1 or GRAPHICS_2.

data.#pageSet[0].Page1.image_01::initialize - (JavaScript, client)

this.bind.ref =  ?????.

Can somebody tell me how to write such a Javascript code, how to access context variable GV_SWITCH_PICTURE and how to bind dynamicly IMAGE_01 to GRAPHICS_1 or GRAPHICS_2 ?

Something like this:

If ( GV_SWITCH_PICTURE = 'R' )

bind Image_01 to GRAPHICS_1

else.

bind Image_01 to GRAPHICS_2

endif.

Thx for help....

Best regards, MD

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think "this.rawValue = GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue" is the way to go.  I notice you have two GRAPHIC_GREEN objects in your form, are they both bound to the same image.  Maybe add an app.alert(GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue) and/or a app.alert(this.rawValue) statement and see what value is coming across

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

If IMAGE_01 and GRAPHICS_1 are image fields then you can just use

IMAGE_01.rawValue = GRAPHICS_1.rawValue

Regards

Bruce

Level 2

Thx for answer...

In my example is GRAPHIC_MULTI an ImageField, and in context I have 2 fields ( GRAPHIC_GREEN, GRAPHIC_RED) type Graphic node (by content).

Field GRAPHIC_MULTI is default bind to GRAPHIC_RED.

Now I want dynamic change binding do GRAPHIC_GREEN.

I try in my example in events initialize and form:ready this code:

data.stranka_01.Subform2.GRAPHIC_MULTI::initialize - (JavaScript, client)

this.rawValue  = $record.GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue;

data.stranka_01.Subform2.GRAPHIC_MULTI::ready:form - (JavaScript, client)

this.rawValue  = $record.GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue;

But still I see in preview red (default) picture instead green picture...

If my JavaScript code and events correct ?

Regards, MD

Level 10

Hi,

The only thing that looks strange to me in your code is the $record reference.  You should reference the image field in the form DOM ($record is a data DOM reference).  If GRAPHIC_GREEN is at the same level in the form structure as GRAPHIC_MULTI then it could be as simple as

this.rawValue  = GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue;

Or is the image data coming from some data connection, or XML data source?

Regards

Bruce

Level 2

Hello,

thx for answer...

Image data comes from picure load into SE78 tcod in SAP, in initialization section of interface I load this pictures into global variable using

CALL METHOD cl_ssf_xsf_utilities=>get_bds_graphic_as_bmp

EXPORTING

p_object = 'GRAPHICS'

p_name   = 'ZGM_PEP_SIPKA_CERVENA'

p_id     = 'BMAP'

p_btype  = 'BCOL'

RECEIVING

p_bmp = GV_PICT_TRIANGEL_RED

EXCEPTIONS

not_found = 1

internal_error = 2

OTHERS = 3.

Then in context create a Graphic nodes GRAPHIC_RED a GRAPHIC_GREEN and bind them to global variables GV_PICT_TRIANGEL_RED a GV_PICT_TRIANGEL_GREEN.

Static bind on image field GRAPHIC_MULTI: is working.

In XML source is as property "bind" value "$record.GRAPHIC_GREEN" (in case of static binding). That is way I used in JavaScript this

code: this.rawValue  = $record.GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue;

But it doesn't work still.

I add a few pictures of my example form.

Best regards, MD

adobe_form_01.jpgadobe_form_02.jpgadobe_form_03.jpgadobe_form_04.jpgadobe_form_05.jpg

Correct answer by
Level 10

I think "this.rawValue = GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue" is the way to go.  I notice you have two GRAPHIC_GREEN objects in your form, are they both bound to the same image.  Maybe add an app.alert(GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue) and/or a app.alert(this.rawValue) statement and see what value is coming across

Level 2

Hi,

You are right, I renamed objects correct and now it is working

( this.rawValue = GRAPHIC_GREEN.rawValue ).

Great....

Thx a lot for help....