Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Reset to original document

Level 6

I have a form that have several buttons. It has buttons to add and remove a record.  It also has a reset button which clears all information in each record created.  My form starts off with one blank record and I can add as many records as needed.  The problem is that if I create 30 records, I will need to click the "remove record" button 29 times in order for the form to get back to where it started off.  Is there a way to remove all records created at once so that I can start off with one record after I reset the records?  This form was created in livecycle.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

try

if(xfa.host.messageBox("Are you sure you want to erase all records and entries?", "Reset the form", 2,2) == 4){

xfa.host.messageBox("All entries have been removed");

xfa.resolveNode("form1.obtainedsubform.cardssubform.CARDS._Table1").setInstances(1);

xfa.host.resetData();

}

else {

xfa.host.messageBox("No entries have been removed");

}

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Level 6

I found a thread and entered this script, however, when I click no, it still resets the form.

if(xfa.host.messageBox("Are you sure you want to erase all records and entries?", "Reset the form", 2,2) == 4){

}

else{

}

Level 10

That code looks ok to me, where in that have you put your actual reset code, maybe if you could cut-and-paste the whole click event code from your form.

Level 6

form1.#pageSet[0].Page1.HEADER.ResetButton1::click - (JavaScript, client)

xfa.resolveNode("form1.obtainedsubform.cardssubform.CARDS._Table1").setInstances(1);

xfa.host.resetData();

}

else{

}

Correct answer by
Level 10

try

xfa.host.resetData();

}

else {

}

Level 6

That works!!  Thank you so much for your patience and helping me.