Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Replacement for Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4

Level 1

The maintenance period of Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4 ends with Mar 2018 and extended support ends in 2020. Can you please let me know the replacement product for Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES4. I am referring only to the core designer functionality to be able to create/edit forms in a desktop, and not any advanced features.

Regards

Narasimhan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The next version ist AEM Forms Designer 6.x, which is just a rebranded LiveCycle Designer.

LiveCycle Blog: AEM Forms Designer Demoversion//AEM Forms Designer Trial

But as you only want to create dynamic PDFs, you won't recognise any difference to Designer ES4.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 1

Moved to LiveCycle Designer forum.

Correct answer by
Level 10

The next version ist AEM Forms Designer 6.x, which is just a rebranded LiveCycle Designer.

LiveCycle Blog: AEM Forms Designer Demoversion//AEM Forms Designer Trial

But as you only want to create dynamic PDFs, you won't recognise any difference to Designer ES4.

Level 1

They say its Adobe Experience Manager, but nobody can seem to get  a hold of it. I've noticed Foxit PhantomPDF, has a form recognition feature and you can edit pdfs too.

Employee

The Adobe LiveCycle Designer has been renamed to AEM Forms Designer, principally the same tool but in a newer version. If you need to update it depends on how you purchased the Designer and if you are eligible for an Update.

Level 1

Here.

if you are looking for something easier though, try Foxit PhantomPDF which creams this.