Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Repeat field values in repeating header (flowed subform)

Former Community Member

I have a requisition form that consists of three major sections - a header, a details table, and a footer.

The details table must be able to expand to fit, which means the form must be able to flow onto a second page. All the fields in the header must repeat on the second page. The footer should only appear at the bottom of the details table, once, not repeated on every page.

After much tinkering with flowed and positioned subforms, I've got this working with the details table inside a flowed subform, with a positioned subform within the header and footer rows of the table. I suspect this is not the 'correct' way, but it's the only way I've been able to get working.

So my header happily repeats on the second page, but the values typed into the fields in the first page header do not show up on the second page. The user must be able to edit the header on any page and have all the pages headers update.

Can anyone please point me to a tutorial or give me an idea of what code would achieve this? I don't know how to reference the repeated field to set its value.

If what I'm doing is madness and there's a better way, that would be good to know too. I'm using es2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Set the binding for the fields in your header to "Use global data" - on the binding tab of the object palette.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Set the binding for the fields in your header to "Use global data" - on the binding tab of the object palette.

Level 1

Jono,

You teach me so much - thank you.

I have a similar issue that the global binding does not address.

Users can add a new table then name the column headings as desired.

When the table splits to the next page, with global binding, the value they set is preserved. But it also replicates to the next table they insert.

I would like the header column text to be preserved across page breaks, but when a new table instance is added, reset the value for THAT table header to the user's new entry. In other words "global for for this table instance only."

Any ideas?

Thank you

Level 2

jewel,

Did you ever get a solution for this? I am having the same problem and can't figure it out for the life of me.

Thanks

Level 4

I have a similar problem, but what I want to repeat is the first instance of a subform. Can you please assist me with this?  Thanks