Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

renderPDFForm Issue w/short-lived Orchestration

Level 1

Hello,

I am experiencing issues with the renderPDFForm Service after changing my LiveCycle orchestration from long-lived to short-lived. The goal is to minimize database I/O and increase performance.

The process is called using SOAP from .NET. The document type is passed along with some XML to prepopulate into the new form. The filled interactive PDF is then returned to .NET after the orchestration completes.

The orchestration fails on the renderPDFForm service with the following error:

2010-06-09 18:58:12,577 ERROR [com.adobe.formServer.TemplateStream] ALC-FRM-001-006: URI not found: ALC-FRM-001-058: Cannot retrieve the resource from Repository Path. Authority component retrieved is "null". Path component retrieved is "/Applications/Project/Form.pdf".Underlying Exception is : ALC-REP-018-000: Resource [urn:uuid:id:68cce441-0ebe-4231-897a-9acebdbca7cc] does not exist or you do not have sufficient rights to access it.

Do I have to grant additional rights to the user making the service call in order for them to be able to use the renderPDFForm service? Will that need to be configured for every user? Is there a way to grant access to all invokers like the long-lived orchestration and be on my way?

I only set 3 things:

Form: The PDF file (which is stored on the Adobe repository)

Form Data: XML document in same format as the schema of the PDF to be fetched from the repository.

Output: InteractivePDF of type 'document' that is returned to .NET

Thanks,

Phil

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

1. The repository path may be invalid

Try to use absolute URI  repository:///Applications/Project/Form.pdf as your template path

2.  User may not have sufficient permission

Grant Resource Administrator to the account which is accessing the form from repository

I think one of the above solution should workout.

Nith

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

1. The repository path may be invalid

Try to use absolute URI  repository:///Applications/Project/Form.pdf as your template path

Grant Resource Administrator to the account which is accessing the form from repository

I think one of the above solution should workout.

Nith

Level 1

Thank You, $Nith$

#2 worked for me.

The Resource Administrator role is deprecated in LiveCycle 9.0, but I used Application Administrator (superset of Resource Administrator and Process Administrator roles) and allowed the use of extractPDFForm in a short-lived Parent Process.