Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Receiving Error #2044: Unhandled NetStatusEvent:. level=error, code=NetStream.Publish.BadName when

Level 2

Hi,

We have been seeing the following error when we try to publish a video stream:

Error #2044: Unhandled NetStatusEvent:. level=error, code=NetStream.Publish.BadName

at com.adobe.rtc.collaboration::WebcamPublisher/onStreamReceive()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::StreamManager/onItemReceive()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()

at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItem()

It doesn't seem to affect performance, nor does it kill the stream, but it is occurring consistently.
Any ideas on what might be causing this?
Cheers,
Davis

4 Replies

Level 4

I'm not seeing this while working in the Adobe provided app called "Recording"

Have you tried reproducing it in a small app ?

What's your LCCS swc version ?1.5.0? + Flash Player target 10.0 ?

AIR or SWF app ?

Employee

Hi Davis,

I am not able to guess the cause. Can you please share your code if possible. Also are you running this code against lccs player 10.1 swc.

If you are not using Multicasting, switching to player 10 swc might resolve your issue (but then it’s a wild guess )

Thanks

Arun

Level 3

Thanks Arun.

We experience this error when running against the most recent 10.3 code with AEC and the ratchet fix.  We don't experience the error when running against the 10.0 code with the ratchet fix.

We're not using multicasting, but using 10.3 and the AEC fix is a huge help to us as most of our users don't log on with headphones.

I'll look into creating a sample app that reproduces the problem with the 10.3 SWC.  (Still owe Nigel example code that reproduces the issue we've seen with the rooms breaking).

Best,

-Trace

Employee

Hi Trace,

That’s strange. The 10.3 swc doesn’t have the Multicasting stuff. So probably it's something else. But yeah a sample app would help.

Thanks

Arun