Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"Push Messages" Dimension on pay-per-use basis

Level 1

Hi everybody,

I'm working on a browser-based collaborative application where apart from video conferencing an important part is going to be the chat and a shared whiteboard. I decided to use Adobe LCCS but looking at the pricing and hoping a big amount of users chatting and sharing whiteboards I think the "Push Messages" dimension payment isn't going to be affordable for me... It says $0.10 per 1Kb of data, wich means that this is the cost for 1000 letters (about 150 words) which seems to me expensive. By the other hand we have the whiteboard which is going to send also some bytes to the server... I think for example in a one-hour session between two users chatting and sharing a whiteboard and at a conservative estimate it can cost about  $10 ..

I don't know if i don't understant the concept of "Push Messages" or there is something wrong on the explanation....

I'd be very grateful if somebody could help me with this issue...

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi there,

The rate is for 1000 messages, not 1K of data. My best advice to you is to

use your app against the free quota for a bit wait until 5-10 minutes after

the room is empty, then go check out the usage statistics in the Developer

Portal. Usually, you'll find this is pretty affordable.

hope that helps

nigel

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi there,

The rate is for 1000 messages, not 1K of data. My best advice to you is to

use your app against the free quota for a bit wait until 5-10 minutes after

the room is empty, then go check out the usage statistics in the Developer

Portal. Usually, you'll find this is pretty affordable.

hope that helps

nigel

Level 1

Thank you very much.

I really where in a big confusion.

Now everything seems different!!

Thank you!

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----