Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

QR Code capacity with fixed rendered size and dynamic data

Former Community Member

There's a paper forms barcode and symbology is QR Code, layout is 46mm x 46mm, error correction level is M, module width is 0.592mm, and max capacity is Chinese(UTF8) x 88 or number x 627 or uppercase A x 380 or lowercase a x 263, and QR code renered size is about 30mm x 30mm when max capacity.

So, my question is, if I want to ALWAYS keep this QR code renered size is same as max capacity(30mm x 30mm), but my daya is dynamic and mix numeric, alphanumeric and byte mode, is there any formula to calculate how may character such as space should be appended?

thanks

1 Reply

Employee

The more data you stuff into the barcode, the bigger it will be. I am not sure that there is a formula you can use to calculate how much buffer space you need to keep the barcode the same size. At least I have not seen one.

For Designer, we offer these guidelines when using paper forms barcodes: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/designerHelp/index.htm?content=000342.html