Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Page Breaks within Subforms / Fragments with Action Buttons

Level 2

Hello,

I have created a Repeatable Fragment called IssueSet within a subform and added two buttons; one to "ADD an ISSUE" and one to "REMOVE an ISSUE".  I am able to add an issue without problem but when I am at the bottom of the page and want to add another IssueSet, I click on ADD an Issue and it joins to the previous Fragment and runs over the footer but does not break to the next page and does not show fully on the existing page  How do I break the Fragment so that it starts on the next page?  I have tried everything in the "PAGINATION" tab to control how the Fragment flows.  Does anyone have a solution to this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Where does your content area start? That's where any content added to a new page will begin. Check the master page that you're using, and make sure that the header isn't covered by the content area.

740988_pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 7

Not sure exactly how you have the rest of the page set up for your needs, but here's what I did.

Two buttons: btnAdd and btnRemove

One Fragment: sfIssue

Action: When btnAdd is clicked, add another instance of sfIssue.

sfIssue:

Object > Subform. Allow Page Breaks within Content is not checked (You should be able to change this if you happen to have a lot of items in your fragment that might cause the page to break.)

740877_pastedImage_2.png

Object > Pagination. Place-Following Previous, Keep With-both unchecked, After-Continue filling parent, everything else is default.

740839_pastedImage_0.png

Object > Binding. Repeat Subform for Each Data Item is checked (required to repeat the fragment)

740878_pastedImage_3.png

p1 (the page subform): Object > Subform. Content-Flowed, Allow Page Breaks within Content is checked.

740876_pastedImage_1.png

Again, I'm not sure if you have other things going on in your form that require some of your options be different, but this should be a good starting point.

Level 2

Thank you for your help.  I was able to initiate the action I was looking for.

New issue:  When the form adds to the next page, it begins at the very top of the page, over the Header.  How do I format it to start a new page with the same page margins as previous?

Correct answer by
Level 7

Where does your content area start? That's where any content added to a new page will begin. Check the master page that you're using, and make sure that the header isn't covered by the content area.

740988_pastedImage_0.png

Level 2

That solved the problem - awesome.  Thanks very much.