Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

P2P and Recording

Level 2

Hi

Is it possible to have both P2P and the Recording work together?  According to doc here: http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/display/lccs/09+Peer-to-Peer+Data+Messaging+and+AV+Multicasting, P2P is transient and does not actually hit the server.  From what I understand about the recording feature, it collects the streams on the server and occassionally packs it into the registered archive.  If the server is not getting the information, I imagine the recording wouldn't work normally.

However, I can also imagine if the lccs service was another subscriber in the P2P model, it may work even with the additional overhead.

Anyone know the answer?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Currently when recording we switch back to hub and spoke mode.

With FMS4 it would be possible to have the server be a peer in the multicast and enable recording for p2p but we didn't implement this feature yet.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Currently when recording we switch back to hub and spoke mode.

With FMS4 it would be possible to have the server be a peer in the multicast and enable recording for p2p but we didn't implement this feature yet.