Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Ownership for a specific room or the entire account?

Level 2

Hey guys,

Recently I tried to build something based on our fantasic platform, ASCF.

And the external authentication feature is pretty cool!

However, I'm wondering whether I can assign a owner role to a user to specific room rather than the global scope of the cocomo account.

That is, I want to limit a user as a owner of specific room so that he can leverage the functionalities such as "creating/deletea a CollectionNodes" or "changing the state of a room",etc. But he won't have the priviliege to access other rooms belong to same Cocomo account.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Jinni

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I am not really sure I understand the question.

If you are trying to use the REST API (to create a room, etc.), they are restricted to the "developer" (the account owner) and control the full account.

If you are talkig about collaboration APIs in your Flex application, they are controlled by role, and if you are using external authentication you can give a user the "owner" role to a specific room (when you create a session object for external authentication you specify a room)

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I am not really sure I understand the question.

If you are trying to use the REST API (to create a room, etc.), they are restricted to the "developer" (the account owner) and control the full account.

If you are talkig about collaboration APIs in your Flex application, they are controlled by role, and if you are using external authentication you can give a user the "owner" role to a specific room (when you create a session object for external authentication you specify a room)

Former Community Member

To be clear, when you use external auth, you're providing one Room's authentication, not for the whole account (ie, an OWNER in one room couldn't create new rooms in that account).

nigel

Level 2

Thank both of you!

Yes, I did mean to restrict a owner in a specific room.

Seems we have already done that.

Thanks!

Jinni