Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

LiveCycle form creation - email submit button

Level 2

I created a form in LiveCycle with an email submit button.  The button works for myself and another person for whom I was creating the form for.  However, now that I am testing this form with other users the email submit button is not working.  When users click the submit button it clicks blue but no response.  Because it was created in LiveCycle do I need to do something to enbed the functionality into the form.  The steps to follow in the help file have produced no results.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Thats it .....maybe a wizard was a little over zealous. I was merely trying to describe that something more would happen.

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Which email client is being used .....are they using Acrobat or Reader .....are you submitting just data or the whole PDF?

Paul

Level 2

The users will be using reader and I am submitting the entire PDF.

>>> pguerett <forums@adobe.com> 8/19/2009 9:15 AM >>>

Which email client is being used .....are they using Acrobat or Reader .....are you submitting just data or the whole PDF?

Paul

Former Community Member

Then that is your issue .....I am guessing that your tests were done on Acrobat right?

To be able to submit a PDF from Reader you must Reader Extend the document. Open the file in Acrobat and under the Advanced/Extend Features for Adobe Reader menu follow the wizard to conclusion. Save the file as a different name (I like to have RE in the name so I know that I have extended it - filename_RE.pdf). Now try it with the new file.

Paul

Level 2

Paul,

I did that and I didn't get any wizard. Just a dialog box including instructions to save the file as another name and that is it.

Am I suppose to get something else?

>>> pguerett <forums@adobe.com> 8/19/2009 9:22 AM >>>

Then that is your issue .....I am guessing that your tests were done on Acrobat right?

To be able to submit a PDF from Reader you must Reader Extend the document. Open the file in Acrobat and under the Advanced/Extend Features for Adobe Reader menu follow the wizard to conclusion. Save the file as a different name (I like to have RE in the name so I know that I have extended it - filename_RE.pdf). Now try it with the new file.

Paul

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Thats it .....maybe a wizard was a little over zealous. I was merely trying to describe that something more would happen.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks Paul that did it...

>>> pguerett <forums@adobe.com> 8/19/2009 9:31 AM >>>

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----