Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Critical error importing process'

Level 4

Hi

I have big troubles importing my working proces from one enviroment to another.

In WorkBench I say 'New process'  > 'Import process from a file' > I point to the working xml file exported

Workbench setup the new process and I can see it, but it displays this message in a messagebox and .log.

!ENTRY com.adobe.workflow.editor 4 4 2009-07-23 11:29:23.707
!MESSAGE DataType: com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.binarycontent.BinaryContentFormInstance version:0.0 not found
!STACK 0

I can se properties for the 2 steps in the process. When I try to activate I get this error.

!ENTRY com.adobe.workflow.editor 4 4 2009-07-23 11:44:05.283
!MESSAGE Failed to make service configuration active. Please check the Workbench error log for details.
!STACK 0
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Service: Generate_iBank_Sample_TGR version: 1.0 must be in a stopped state prior to starting

I have tried to stop/deactivate the process before exporting it - No result.

*** SETUP ***

I export from my test enviroment. Running JBOSS turnkey Trial

I import to our new test enviroment. Running WebSphere, a custom build setup made by the websphere techs in the company. Websphere is the chosen production platform (company strategy)

Q:

It should be possible to import/export between different app.servers right

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

I would be very greatful for any advice on solving this, as it is holdning back the furter implementation of the platform

Sincerly

Thomas Groenbaek, Jyske Bank Denmark

4 Replies

Level 8

Have you tried exporting the process as an LCA instead of as XML?  It may not make a difference, but I believe that is the recommended method.

Level 4

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I should have mentioned that we recieve an:

Error importing archive: 'Internal error.'

when we try to import LCA through adminui something might be broken in the installation of LC on the websphere server.

Other ideas out there???

/T

Level 8

While its entirely possible that there is a problem with the WebSphere install, it may not be the issue.  On rare occaisions I've seen the process itself become corrupt.  I'm not sure why, and it only happens once in a blue moon.

Before rebuilding the WebSphere box you may try creating a new simple process on your other server (just dropping and configuring a log step with one string variable will prove the point) and exporting the LCA/XML.  At least that way if its the process you won't have wasted time reinstalling on WebSphere

Level 4

update.

The error

com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.form.impl.binarycontent.BinaryContentFormInstance version:0.0 not found

is because we dont have the taskManager/workflow component installed on server (Was in trial). The flow did not include any user steps, so do not know why this variable existed

Still have the error when importing .LCA. I will post more on the exact error messages

/Thomas Groenbaek, Jyske Bank