Expand my Community achievements bar.

Like Livecycle forms but for those without reader

Level 4

We're building livecycle forms to gather complex data (with lots of great help from this forum!! thanks)

BUT

We want to have a backup for those without reader installed (or who decline to install it).

We are quite new to the adobe suite, and work best with wysiwyg tools (limited code/prog experience.)

What product do people suggest we look at to build the backup document on. I initially thought of dreamweaver but have been told it's a complicated option, and not very wysiwyg.

Our backup versions need to be fairly presentable, and i guess they would be web hosted and browser  based to ensure maximum "coverage ".

Would flash be a choice here?

Our backend is custom and based upon the output being an xml attachment to an email - easy in livecycle

Anyone got an bright ideas.,,, We're going to be starting from scratch in the new programme (we do some livecycle, some limited flash but thats it.)

Would something like course builder be useful?

Suggestions of what products to look into/where to start (particularly wysiwyg) would be fantastic.

Thanks folks.

6 Replies

Level 10

Design you form in XDP format so that you can render your form in one of three ways, as:

1. PDF form (for those who have Adobe Reader installed)

2. HTML form (for those who doesn't have Adobe Reader)

3. Flex form guide (for those who have installed Adobe Flash Player)

So in your case, you need to choose the option2.

Hope this info is useful to you to design your form accordingly.

Nith

Level 4

Hi Nith,

I know this will sound dumb, but are you saying we can design our forms in livecycle normally, and save them as .xpd (we've only ever used dynamic pdf option), and then they will load in browsers.

I kind of thought livecycle could not render for browsers..... Perhaps i got that totally wrong.

thanks for the help/pointers

Level 4

i should add the form server is out of our budget - so does this mean .xpd format wont work - all im getting is the error line" unable to locate the form., because the XFA data lacks a reference to the PDF document"

thanks

Level 10

I presume that you have:

1. Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES, using which you have design dynamic xml forms.

2. LiveCycle ES Process Management for workflow design.

These two stuffs are enough to render your form directly to the browser (wh\ithout Adobe Reader).

You need not purchase Forms ES.

Nith

Level 4

Hi, no we only have Livecycle ES, not Process Management also.

Is process Management expensive? I know forms is quite pricey.

thanks

Level 10

I am sorry, i have no idea about the price details. You could contact a

Adobe sales executive for more details.

Nith