Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Issues with Repeating Subforms

Former Community Member

I am working on a dynamic form that has multiple sections with drop down options. Subforms are visible and hidden based on what is selected in each drop down. Each drop down has the same options available. All the fields worked until I added a checkbox for a repeating subform. Now only one drop down will function at a time. The drop down option is visible but the hidden subforms will only appear for one drop down on the form at a time.

Can anyone help with this? See below. When the 'Approver' is selected the 'Name, Title, etc field appears. When you click on 'Add Approver' The subform set is repeated. This is how each Option on the form should work. However only one subform set works at a time. As you can see, when 'Approver' is selected for Option 2 the subform does not appear as it did for Option 1.

My pages are set up as flowed. The subforms are set up as positioned so I can place the fields where I want to show and try to minimize real estate used since the form will expand with repeating subforms.

768498_pastedImage_0.png

Any help would be appreciated!! THANKS!

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Can you post the code for the two approver checkbox change events?

Former Community Member

‌please post your code and also specify the event on which the code is added.

Thanks

Former Community Member

I just changed the subforms content type within the set to 'Flowed' instead of 'Positioned' and now they are working together. That impacts the look and feel of my form but at least it is working properly now.

Does the subform set have to be 'Flowed' in order for repeating fields? Or is there a way to let the subform set be flowed (to allow repeating subforms) and the subforms be positioned (to allow for maximizing space)?

Former Community Member

Nevermind! I just changed the flow direction to 'Right to Left' and that kept my form looking like it did with the fields flowing horizontally across the page. All the fields are working properly and together.

Trial and error - this is what happens when you teach yourself an application.