Expand my Community achievements bar.

Increase/decrease indent not working for bullets

Level 2

I recently upgraded to ES4 so I would be able to created bulleted lists in forms.  However it seems that the increase/decrease indent doesn't work.  Is this a known problem?  Is there a work around?

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I don't see a problem with the bulleted lists.

Here's the source of a text field where I uses this for the default value and caption.

<field name="Textfeld1" y="53.975mm" x="15.875mm" w="123.825mm" h="47.625mm">

<ui>

<textEdit>

<border>

<edge stroke="lowered"/>

</border>

<margin/>

</textEdit>

</ui>

<font typeface="Arial"/>

<margin topInset="1mm" bottomInset="1mm" leftInset="1mm" rightInset="1mm"/>

<para vAlign="middle" widows="2" orphans="2"/>

<caption reserve="46.1964mm">

<para vAlign="middle"/>

<value>

<exData contentType="text/html">

<body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/"><ul style="text-decoration:none;letter-spacing:0in;list-style-type:disc"><li style="orphans:1;widows:1;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;text-decoration:none">Lorem<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;text-decoration:none">ipsum<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;text-decoration:none">dolor<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;text-decoration:none">sit<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;text-decoration:none">amet.</li></ul></body>

</exData>

</value>

</caption>

<value>

<exData contentType="text/html">

<body xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:xfa="http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/"><ul style="letter-spacing:0in;list-style-type:disc"><ul style="orphans:1;widows:1;list-style-type:disc"><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;orphans:1;widows:1">Lorem<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;orphans:0;widows:0">ipsum<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;orphans:0;widows:0">dolor<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;orphans:0;widows:0">sit<span style="xfa-spacerun:yes"> </span></li><li style="margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt;text-valign:middle;font-family:Arial;font-size:10pt;orphans:0;widows:0">amet.</li></ul></ul></body>

</exData>

</value>

</field>

Level 2

Thanks for the above.  I am not a pro at scripting so I will need to digest.  I did however capture an image of the issue that I am having and now it is twofold so was wondering if you had any thoughts.  Again using LiveCycle Designer ES 4. Using the bullet feature under the paragraph tab automatically indents.  I want the bullets or numbered list to align with the end of the black line but when you insert a bullet it automatically indents (this is in a text box).  I can't figure out any way to eliminate this.  Secondly, I am not undestanding why the alignment on the bulleted list is all wanky.  Can't Adobe understand I just want everything to line up nicely?

num list.png

Level 1

Has anyone found a solution to this? I've come across the same issue. I would like my bullet or numbered list to start at the left margin and not indent in my document.

Level 2

The solution I found was that you can't use the justified paragraph but do left align and they started lining up perfectly.

Level 1

Thanks dcc5k.

I'm actually trying to find a way to left-align bullets to the rest of the content in a flowed layout instead of indenting. See image below. The red arrows show where I want to move the idented bullets and text. Any suggestions?

bulletList_example.jpg

Level 2

I just moved my text box over to align with my paragraph. You would think that making indent an option would be an easy programming fix but apparently not.