Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

I am not able to preview my HTML form in browser, but I can see the form in Es4 Designer

Former Community Member

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooorrrrrr.pnghtml.png

Attached is the screen shot of the file preview both in designer and browser. Please Please help!!!

How can i find out where my form is getting saved.

Thanks in advance!!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It says “Template is not specified or invalid.”

Probably contentRoot or template parameter that you specified in url are in-correct.

Take a look at form render url parameters format @ http://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/help/mobile-forms/rendering-form-template.html

Alternatively try to upload your xdp in Mobile forms IVS and see of that works, becase in that case, IVS would automatically generate url.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Employee

Are you able to preview using Mobile Forms IVS  as mentioned @ http://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/help/mobile-forms/using-ivs.html?

May be some problem with url that you used to render form in browser.

Please paste the error snippets from error.log file located at path similar to C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES4\crx-repository\logs.

Former Community Member

Caused by: org.apache.sling.api.SlingException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsServiceException: Template is not specified or invalid.

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspExceptionInternal(JspServletWrapper.java:691)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:608)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:525)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:449)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.JspScriptEngineFactory.callJsp(JspScriptEngineFactory.java:241)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.JspScriptEngineFactory.access$100(JspScriptEngineFactory.java:86)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.JspScriptEngineFactory$JspScriptEngine.eval(JspScriptEngineFactory.java:441)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.call(DefaultSlingScript.java:361)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.eval(DefaultSlingScript.java:171)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.core.impl.DefaultSlingScript.service(DefaultSlingScript.java:463)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.RequestData.service(RequestData.java:508)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.SlingComponentFilterChain.render(SlingComponentFilterChain.java:45)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:64)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMDebugFilter.doFilter(WCMDebugFilter.java:148)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:60)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.filterRootInclude(WCMComponentFilter.java:333)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter.doFilter(WCMComponentFilter.java:160)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.filter.AbstractSlingFilterChain.doFilter(AbstractSlingFilterChain.java:60)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.processComponent(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:254)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl.dispatchRequest(SlingRequestProcessorImpl.java:294)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.SlingRequestDispatcher.dispatch(SlingRequestDispatcher.java:216)

at org.apache.sling.engine.impl.request.SlingRequestDispatcher.include(SlingRequestDispatcher.java:103)

at com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.WCMComponentFilter$ForwardRequestDispatcher.include(WCMComponentFilter.java:406)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.IncludeTagHandler.dispatch(IncludeTagHandler.java:49)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.taglib.AbstractDispatcherTagHandler.doEndTag(AbstractDispatcherTagHandler.java:129)

at org.apache.jsp.libs.xfaforms.profile.html_jsp._jspx_meth_sling_005finclude_005f0(html_jsp.java:290)

at org.apache.jsp.libs.xfaforms.profile.html_jsp._jspService(html_jsp.java:162)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:502)

... 110 more

Caused by: com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsServiceException: Template is not specified or invalid.

at com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl$.com$adobe$forms$service$LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl$$templateNotFoundError(LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.scala:47)

at com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl$$anonfun$4.apply(LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.scala:122)

at com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl$$anonfun$4.apply(LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.scala:99)

at com.adobe.forms.logging.PerfLogger$class.measure(PerfLogger.scala:56)

at com.adobe.forms.logging.PerfLogger$.measure(PerfLogger.scala:35)

at com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl$.render(LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.scala:99)

at com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.render(LCFormsOsgiServiceImpl.scala)

at com.adobe.forms.service.LCFormsServiceImpl.render(LCFormsServiceImpl.java:55)

at org.apache.jsp.libs.xfaforms.render.GET_jsp._jspService(GET_jsp.java:164)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:502)

... 137 more

I am not able to preview the form using mobileformivs also. I can just preview it in the designer.

I have copied the error logs.

When I try to preview using mobileformsivs it says please select a form to render even thought it is selected.

Please help!!

Thanks.

Correct answer by
Employee

It says “Template is not specified or invalid.”

Probably contentRoot or template parameter that you specified in url are in-correct.

Take a look at form render url parameters format @ http://helpx.adobe.com/livecycle/help/mobile-forms/rendering-form-template.html

Alternatively try to upload your xdp in Mobile forms IVS and see of that works, becase in that case, IVS would automatically generate url.

Employee

I just saw your IVS issue. Can you paste the form location where you have placed the form template and the url that you used to render the form?

Former Community Member

Thank you so much. It was very helpful for me. Now I can preview it in the browser. thank u

I have an other last doubt, to preview it in mobile devices if i just give the URL, will it work?

Since I have not worked on mobile devices till date.

If u have any idea please let me know.

Thank u

Former Community Member

Okay so by just giving the form url in supported browser on any mobile device my form will work? or is there any app to be installed?

Employee

No app required. Just the platform/browser combination should be in supported list.

Former Community Member

How do I access the server from my mobile? the url is not working even though its there in the supported list

Former Community Member

I am not able to preview my form in Ipad or any mobile device with supported browser, using the URL http://10.226.244.69:8080/lc/content/xfaforms/profiles/default.html?contentRoot=c:/xdps&template=Tes....

Please let me know if the URL I am using to render the form is correct.

Need urgent help!!! Please.

Thanks in advance.

Employee

Are you able to connect to your server from IPAD? Make sure you are able to hit http://10.226.244.69:8080/ from your IPAD before you are able to render form.

Former Community Member

Yes I am able to connect to the server and I am able to get the login page, but once i login, it says resource not available.

Level 4

Deepak, so far we have been talking about previewing the form in HTML 5, but when the form is published what is the url to render the form in HTML 5? is previewing synonymous to viewing the form in production. Besides from the document, I see that there is a dataRef or data parameter that can be supplied to the form in the URL to fill the form with data and view, but is it secure to reveal either the location of the xml input or the xml as a UTF-8 data in the url?

how can we set the input values so that

contentRoot, template and data/dataRef attribules can be sent in the message body rather than the url itself in which case we might mitigate the risk of exposing our data?

Regards-

Ashok