Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Can I combine a form created in Livecycle Designer with a standard pdf to create a new document?

Level 1

I have a fillable form that I created with Livecycle Designer along with two standard pdf files.  When I try to combine in Acrobat Pro 10 it identifies the form with XML data and will not allow me to complete the process.  Thanks in advance for any help with this.

2 Replies

Level 1

No you cannot... this is one of the things my organization struggles with.  I love livecycle becuase of its dynamic form capabilities, but we have so many other pre-built pdfs in adobe pro that can not be merged with these forms.  It is truly frustrating!!!  wish i had a better answer for you.  Also from the book 'Creating Dynamic Forms with Adobe LiveCycle Designer' page 6... "The PDF files that Designer creates are structurally different than other PDF files...... LiveCycle Designer can edit a PDF form created in Acrobat, but Acrobat can not edit a PDF form created in Designer."  Likewise... XML pdfs do not merge with other pdfs. JoBeth

Level 1

Try rebuilding the adobe pro data in livecycle.....